State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
JUVENILE CORRECTION LIEUTENANT - SUMTER YDC
at State of Georgia
Supervises, guides, and/or instructs the work assignments of subordinate staff. Performs as shift supervisor of a unit or program. Maintains custody and security of youth offenders and maintains order in youth detention center.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervises and plans work of assigned staff.
• Completes administrative paperwork, the preparation and maintenance of records, forms, and reports.
• Develops work and security procedures.
• Enforces rules, regulations, and state laws necessary for control and management of youth offenders and the maintenance of public safety.
• Handles and trains canines for tracking, search and rescue, guard duty, detection of contraband. Inspects, inventories, maintains physical control of, logs keys, tools, weapons and related equipment.
• Maintains knowledge of, comply with, and enforce all institutional policies, rules, procedures, and regulations.
• Maintains order, discipline, and security within assigned areas in accordance with relevant rules, regulations, policies and laws.
• May conduct hearings of disciplinary infractions. Observes conduct and behavior of youth offenders to prevent disturbances and escapes.
• Provides support in training, selecting, and orienting subordinate correctional security staff. Reads and reviews offender information to identify issues that require special attention. Responds to emergencies.
For more information about our Juvenile Correctional Officer Positions please click here: https://djj.georgia.gov/juvenile-correctional-officer-series
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
DJJ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High school diploma or GED AND P.O.S.T. certification AND One year of experience required at the lower level Correctional Sergeant (PSP064) or position equivalent.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the following:
1. Current and valid certification as a Juvenile Correctional Officer by the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Council.
2. One or more years of experience in a Juvenile Justice environment.
3. Completion of one or more years of college.