State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
JUVENILE CORRECTIONAL SERGEANT - CLAXTON RYDC
at State of Georgia
Supervises, guides, and/or instructs the workassignments of subordinate staff. Assists shift supervisor with administrationof facility. Maintains custody and security of youth in Department of JuvenileJustice facility.
• Supervises and plans work of assigned staff.
• Completes administrative paperwork, preparation and maintenance of records,forms, and
• Develops work and security procedures and enforces rules, regulations, andstate laws
necessary for control and management ofjuvenile residents.
• Inspects, inventories, maintains control of, key logs, tools and otherequipment. Maintains
order, discipline, and security, and overseesconduct and behavior of offenders to prevent
disturbances and escapes and responds toemergencies.
• Provides support in training, selecting, and orienting subordinatecorrectional security staff.
• Reads and reviews offender information to identify issues that requirespecial attention. May
conduct hearings of disciplinary infractions.May handle and train canines for tracking, search
and rescue, guard duty, detection ofcontraband.
Shift varies depending on the needs of the facility.Must have supervisory experience. If you have applied in the past there is noneed to reapply. Located of facility is near: Statesboro, Vidalia, Hinesville,Savannah, or Glennville.
High School diploma or GEDAND P.O.S.T certification AND Eighteen months of experience required at thelower level Correctional Officer 2 (PSP061) or position equivalent.
For more information about our JuvenileCorrectional Officer Positions please click here:
2.5% for one year ofactive duty service
5% for two years ofactive duty service
7.5% for three yearsof active duty service
10% for 4 years ofactive duty service
THIS IS ANUNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECKAND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FORCONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
DJJ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High school diploma or GED AND P.O.S.T. certification AND Eighteen months of experience required at the lower level Correctional Officer 2 (PSP061) or position equivalent.