State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Legal Secretary - Continuous Recruitment
at State of Georgia
The primary duties of this position are to provideLegal administrative support for the Deputy as well as section'sattorneys. The position manages case files, prepares and mailscorrespondence, prepares pleadings and documents for filing in various courts,e-files, manages calendaring of court dates and meetings, arranges copying andmailing, responds to and directs citizen and attorney phonecalls, works in the CMS system, and performs other administrativefunctions as assigned.
- Typing of correspondence, briefs, pleadings, forms, agreements, and administrative orders from handwritten notes or dictation.
- Files pleadings and other legal documents in court as requested.
- Answers the telephone; responds to calls from clients, attorneys, and citizens; and provides general information or transfers calls as appropriate.
- Prepares, copies, and faxes or mails a variety of legal documents and correspondence.
- Dockets pleadings and distributes mail for the division
- Prepares and types control slips on new cases and distributes cases as requested.
- Maintains files for the division; maintains records on the assignments of cases.
- Maintains records of leave balances for division personnel; enters time worked for all personnel to the computer.
- Maintains updated legal references for the division personnel.
- Maintains travel arrangements for division personnel.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of office supplies.
- Attends division and departmental meetings as required.
- Closes files and coordinates the removal of closed files.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will be asked via email to take skills assessment test. Applicants will be contacted via email with a date and time.
A criminal background check is completed on all candidates; employment is also contingent upon the completion and satisfactory results of the background investigation. Candidates that are being strongly considered for the position will also be required to submit a Department of Law employment application & waiver, Georgia Department of Revenue Tax Clearance letter and copies of official college transcripts.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. Please log into your account for status updates. All applicants will be screened for the preferred qualifications of the position and may not necessarily receive an interview. Only applicants selected for an interview will receive notification.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE.
*Applicants are required to attach a resume for consideration.
*Requires State training and verification of course passing.
One or more years of legal secretary experience; transcription skills.