State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse - 2nd Shift - Central State Hospital
at State of Georgia
Any given position will close when we determine an adequate candidate pool has been received.
Due to the high volume of resumes/applications received, we are unable to provide the status on each applicant by phone or email. However, please be assured that your resume/application will be evaluated and we will contact you if you are selected for an interview or we need further clarification/information.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following under general supervision:
- Provides general direct nursing care to injured, ill, convalescent or disabled individuals.
- Care includes providing medical treatments and administering medications.
- May supervise and/or direct the work of other disciplines.
- Administers prescribed medications and provides appropriate documentation.
- Handles individuals' requests as they are received.
- Helps individuals with activities of daily living.
- Measures and documents individuals' vital signs.
- Observes individuals, charting and reporting changes in individuals' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
- Provides basic care and treatments for the individuals.
- Records food and fluid intake and output as deemed appropriate.
- Works as part of a health care team to assess individuals' needs, plan and modify care and implement interventions.
- Vacation - 15 days each year up to 5 years of service; 18 days each year from 5-10 years of service; 21 days each year for 10 years of service
- Sick Leave – accrual at a rate of 10 hours per month (15 days each year)
- Holidays – the state of Georgia recognizes 12 paid holidays
- Retirement - 401(k) with a matching employer contribution and a Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Available Insurance – Health; Dental; Vision; Legal; Disability; Life & Dependent Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Healthcare & Childcare
*FOR THIS TYPE OFEMPLOYMENT, STATE LAW REQUIRES A NATIONAL AND STATE BACKGROUND CHECK AS ACONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT *
Vocational/Technical degree from an accredited college AND current Georgia license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse AND Six months of nursing experience.
- Psychiatric-mental health experience