State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part Time/Adjunct Commercial Truck Driving Instructor
at State of Georgia
Savannah Technical College is seeking a Part Time/Adjunct Commercial Truck Driving program instructor. The individual will report to the Dean of Industrial Technology and will be based at the Liberty or Effingham Campuses, but may be required to travel to other Savannah Technical College locations. The instructor will be responsible for teaching students in classroom and lab environments. May be required to participate in College committees and meetings, and perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities (this list is not intended to be exhaustive)
- Instructing students, developing program syllabi, goals and objectives;
- Evaluating students' progress in attaining goals and objectives and advising students;
- Requesting and maintaining supplies and equipment;
- Maintaining program certification requirements, as appropriate;
- Preparing and maintaining all required documentation and administrative reports;
- Maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by attending staff development training, workshops, seminars and conferences;
- Ensuring safety and security requirements are met in the classroom and lab environment;
Duties include a flexible schedule of lecture, student advisement and registration. Must be willing to work split teaching shifts that might require split teaching days between campus locations. May manage and recruit adjunct instructors.
Education and Occupational Experiences
- Current Commercial Driver's License required.
- Diploma in Commercial Truck Driving preferred.
- Must have five (5) years of Commercial Truck Driving experience within the past seven (7) years.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills along with computer skills.
- Teaching experience at a postsecondary institution is desirable.
Note: Only on-campus opportunities existat this time.
Teaching responsibilities are typically performed in a classroom/lab environment with the employee intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, pushing, and pulling for three (3) – four (4) continuous hours at a time. The employee frequently lifts lightweight objects up to 50LBS. The work is performed in campus buildings and outdoors where the employee is occasionally exposed to cold or inclement weather. The exposure to dirt, dust, grease, machinery with moving parts, chemicals, and fumes is possible in the laboratory environment. The ability to distinguish colors is required for purposes of electrical wiring. This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience.
Position considered open until filled. Candidates must pass a criminal background check. Applicants must submit an electronic application thru Team Georgia Careers, and attach cover letter and resume (incomplete submissions will not be considered). Please include your annual salary for each position held.
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AND ALLOCATION OF POSITION.
Note: No phone inquiries please. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.
All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Savannah Technical College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). Invitation to Self-Identify For compliance activities, contact Melissa Banks, Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Room A110 or (912) 443-3388, firstname.lastname@example.org. Send written correspondence to Savannah Technical College, Attn: Melissa Banks, 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405. STC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Candidates may be required to submit a valid Driver's License, proof of insurability, and/or a driver's history report for positions involving state travel.
Minimum qualifications for this position will be determined by the teaching discipline and compliance with appropriate accrediting bodies. Faculty must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the course assigned.