State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at State of Georgia
Under general supervision, instructs or train clientsand/or students in a specific area of assignment as part of an evidence-basedrecreation program that includes an organized agenda of practical and workforcereadiness instruction.
- Under general supervision, instructs youth with an evidence base recreation program.
- Performs or directs youth in a specfic area of assignment as part of the recreation and leisure program that includes an organized, evidence based agenda ( monthly recreation and leisure activity schedules).
- Adapts instructional methods and materials to meet the youth varying needs, abilities, and interests.
- Conducts recreational activities form the evidence base program with the goals of teaching decision making, improving physical fitness, offering leisure options and teaching social skills.
- Counsel and instructs youth in the habits of daily living and social routines.
- Oversees/supervise the part-time recreational workers.
- Estimates materials needed for inventory and specific areas, including cost.
- Instructs youth through lectures and demonstrations of the method and techniques.
- Plan and coordinates a comprehensive evidence base program for the facility population.
- Maintains daily records of service delivery in a recreation and leisure log books.
- Identifies staff development and training needs and ensures that training is provided.
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities and directing the work of the Recreation Worker (if applicable).
- Oversees the recreation and leisure program to ensure compliance with DJJ policies.
- Ensure that coverage is in place to deliver recreation and leisure to all youth daily.
- Participate in the interview and selection process of recreation staff.
- Communicates regularly with facility HR staff on any recreation staff vacancy.
- Conducts rounds (dorm/housing units) to ensure youth on Isolation & Protective Custody are provided services as required.
- Develop monthly and out of school recreation & leisure schedules.
- Responsible for preparing requisition for recreation and leisure supplies (replacing supplies as needed).
- Conduct quarterly inventories of the recreation and leisure supplies.
- Assist with PBIS events and activities (when applicable).
- Attends meetings as required.
- Conduct monthly recreation staff meetings
- Attend facility managing team meetings as needed to aid in recreation support of the youth (special needs)
- Assist with facility accreditation process in the area of recreation services (when applicable).
- Associate degree in area of assignment from an accredited college or university OR Vocational/Technical degree in area of assignment from accredited college AND One year of experience in the area of assignment OR One year of experience required at the lower level Practical Instructor 1 (EDT010) or position equivalent.
Completion of a bachelor's degreefrom an accredited college or University in the related field.
Experience in conducting structuredrecreational activities with the goals of teaching, decision making and improvingphysical fitness.
Experience delivering andfacilitating structured leisure with the goals of teaching social skills.
Experience working with youth in asecure facility.
Experience supervising lower levelstaff.
Experience managing a recreation andleisure program for youth.
May be required to work someevenings, weekends and holidays.
THISIS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK,PHYSICAL AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE.
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FORCONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
DJJ IS AN EQUALEMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Associate's degree in area of assignment from an accredited college or university OR Vocational/Technical degree in area of assignment from an accredited college AND One year of experience in the area of assignment OR One year of experience required at the lower level Practical Instructor 1 (EDT010) or position equivalent.