State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RECREATION WORKER (PART-TIME)- WAYCROSS RYDC
at State of Georgia
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES: Under limited direction, provides a program of structured recreation and leisure activities for youth in an assigned facility, and documents all programmatic activities, and performs a variety of administrative duties designed to facilitate juvenile rehabilitation and ensure a safe and secure environment at a youth detention facility.
POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES: The position serves as a Recreation Worker (Part- Time) at the Waycross RYDC working in the facility.
The selected candidate must meet the advertised minimum qualifications to include State Entry Qualifications as well as Agency Specific Qualifications.
- Associate`s Degree or completion of a vocational/technical school program in the area of assignment.
- One (1) year experience in the area of assignment
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
DJJ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the following:
1. Completion of a Bachelor`s degree from an accredited college or university in any discipline,
2. One or more years' experience in the area of recreation therapy, or coaching in an athletic program.
3. One or more years of experience working with juvenile offenders in detention facilities or other at-risk youths in group home programs.
4. Three or more months of internship with the Department of Juvenile Justice.