State of Georgia
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TRANSPORTATION SERVICE WORKER (PART-TIME) - BIBB MSC
at State of Georgia
This is hourly paid work performing transportation duties. This position is part-time and requires less than 30 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits.
NOTE: This is a 29 hour per week position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under limited supervision, transports youth to and from scheduled community-based programs such as vocational training, mentoring programs, counseling sessions, juvenile court activities, and field trips. Additional duties to include but not limited to the following:
• Check the controls and fuel intake for the vehicle and report any malfunctions to the supervisor on duty.
• Maintain the vehicles appearance and notify the supervisor if any minor maintenance and/or repairs of the vehicle are needed.
• Use good judgment and safe driving skills.
• Document all trips; including start and end mileage, gas fill ups, number of passengers, destination or pick-up points.
• Demonstrate good communication skills and be able to communicate with the youth, case managers, supervisor, court administration, and vendors in a courteous, respectful, and sincere manner.
Applicant must have a positive MVR (i.e. Free of accidents and speeding tickets).
Must pass a Criminal and Motor Vehicle background check.
High School Diploma or GED AND a valid Georgia Driver`s License.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the following:
* Experience in transporting youth
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
DJJ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER