Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Engineer - 2068
at SugarCRM, Inc.
About SugarCRM, Inc.
SugarCRM is a customer experience leader enabling businesses to create profitable customer relationships by delivering highly relevant, personalized experiences throughout the customer journey. We empower companies to strengthen existing customer relationships, create new ones through actionable insights and intelligent automation and better understand the customer at every stage of the journey. This enables businesses to accelerate demand generation, grow revenue, deliver superior customer care and increase loyalty. Our easy-to-use, intuitive platform makes customer experience easy and accessible for everyone, allowing marketing, sales and services professionals to focus on high-impact, value-adding activities that create customers for life.
Where do you fit?
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a member of a talented and driven set of peers responsible for building and enhancing our core marketing automation platform. You are a technically proficient and solution-oriented Senior Software Engineer looking to make a major contribution in transforming the marketing automation industry. In this role, you will be architecting new software from the ground up and re-platforming existing applications. You will be responsible for making sure these applications are robust, resilient, scalable and highly flexible.
Impact you will make in the role:
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery
- Provide technical guidance to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Design & implement back-end architecture, from the data layer, to service orchestration
- Re-platform existing systems across tech stacks
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing best practices
- Collaborate with other software engineers, product managers, and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain
- Adhere to high-quality modern lean engineering principles while delivering solutions on-time.
- Perform code reviews and mentor junior developers
- Continually look for ways to improve our code base and evaluate new technologies
- Deliver clean code and automated unit tests
- Participate in functional requirements and design documentation
What you will need to succeed:
- 5+ years hands on working experience with development in ASP.NET, C#, SQL
- Hands on working experience as a software architect designing and building systems from the ground up
- Design and implementation of RESTful APIs, SaaS, system tasks and scalable cloud solutions
- Strong familiarity with and motivated to champion object oriented principles, design patterns, and SOLID principles
- Working experience with Python
- Experience with .NET Core and C# development over Linux as well as Windows
- Experience with event frameworks (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ etc.)
- Exposure to Agile methodologies
- Experience with automated testing frameworks (XUnit, Nose, Pytest)
- Experience with package management (nuget, myget)
- Working experience with Microsoft IIS, Nginx, AWS, and Server Management
- Computer science degree or equivalently acquired knowledge
Engineering Team Culture:
Our focus is building out teams with smart engineers who are passionate about their craft and excited to build software for our unique solutions in the CRM (customer relationship management) space. At SugarCRM, you'll have the chance to work on various teams and stacks. Here's more:
- Communication and collaboration is key to our processes, and we don't want to hinder it with walls
- We are passionate about automated testing to deliver a high level of quality to our customers
- We use a Scrum-based development methodology that includes daily stand-ups, regular Sprint reviews, and retrospectives to discuss
- We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product
- As a part of our company culture, we encourage everyone to work at a healthy, sustainable pace
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, friendly people, and inspiring work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other benefit plans like 401(k) match
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Health/Wellness: Quarterly chair massages, Wellness Reimbursement, and Workforce Fitness Program
- Career & Personal Development Program – multi-platform
- Regular social events and birthday celebrations (yes, sweet treats are a big deal at SugarCRM)
- Ownership is the greatest self-identity at SugarCRM - you are making an impact now
- We are a merit-based company - many opportunities to learn, excel and grow your career
- Learn more on LinkedIn and Twitter @LifeAtSugar
SugarCRM is not sponsoring immigration at this time. We will provide relocation assistance to our Atlanta office, for the right candidate.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: SugarCRM does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any SugarCRM employee. SugarCRM will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of SugarCRM and will be processed accordingly.