Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Engineer, Carpet Technology
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 02233
The Principal Carpet Engineer will serve as Tarkett's subject matter expert (SME) on carpet in the Soft Surface Business. This person is the definitive source of knowledge across all aspects of carpet manufacturing including systems and processes. The successful candidate will function as the organizational ambassador for his/her knowledge area, and applies their expertise to support the organization's vision and strategic direction. In addition, the soft surfaces SME understands, articulates and implements best practices across the manufacturing value streams. He/She will lead or be an active participant of work-groups with the need for specialized knowledge and will be a key contributor to the operational strategy for the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to ensure that the strategic industrial projects achieve vertical start up expectations, timeline, expense and capability.
- Lead the Capex requirements in terms of:
- Lean investments in collaboration with WCM team
- Process automation
- Track and assess reuse of existing equipment inside within Tarkett
- Support the Purchasing team when purchasing new equipment
- Develop equipment standardization proposals
- Provide guidance on achieving resolution to an organizational need, growth capacity, innovation etc. and actively participates in all phases relating to the Tarkett NA and global engineering groups
During New Product Development assignments, the SME is responsible for aligning operational requirements with business goals - which typically involves translating business requirements into detailed manufacturing parameters.
- Oversees the development, testing and implementation of the technical solution and validates that the final product satisfies the defined requirements
- Review technical documentation, SOPs, etc. users and ensures his/her subject area is accurately represented
Business Relationship Management
A subject matter expert must cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, project managers, engineers and senior staff members. The SME is articulate and communicates information effectively to diverse audiences. He/She translates subject matter terminology into business terms, and recommends alternatives to both senior management and technical resources.
The nature of the position involves actively participating in multiple work-groups at one time and disseminating information across all levels of the organization. As such the SME will be expected to participate in the relevant Tarkett communities;
- Tarkett global engineering community
- Global plant benchmark initiatives
- Develop a working knowledge of the technologies being used or developed in Tarkett divisions outside of the Carpet division
REQUIREMENTS (to include educational requirements):
- Bachelor's degree required in engineering or a related field. An MBA/advanced degree would be preferred
- Minimum of ten years' experience directly related to work in the carpet industry
- Excellent in-depth knowledge of: Yarn extrusion, cabling, tufting, all forms of yarn dying and backing applications such as, pre coating, coating, calendaring and extrusion
- 5 years' work experience in a Lean manufacturing environment and be able to demonstrate a successful lean deployment
- Related knowledge and experience in business management, product development/commercialization, product life cycle, product testing and business process re-engineering are considered beneficial
Individuals who have worked in a global, highly matrixed business environment are especially effective in this position