Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
WCM Implementation Manager
SUMMARY: Tarkett is seeking a WCM/FI Leader to join the team in Dalton, Georgia. This position reports directly to the Plant Leader and will be responsible for providing leadership and establishing lean manufacturing processes to drive continuous improvement initiatives and operational excellence throughout the facility as well as support culture change. This includes providing training, coaching, and mentoring for improvement activities to support goals and objectives of the corporation; will consult with business leadership on ways to improve and reduce overall cost of operating; will research and develop short term and long term process changes/strategies/opportunities and be actively engaged in implementing improvements by leading and participating in CI activities; will develop or assist in development of materials, tools, and presentations in support of lean/kaizen related events, apply tools to improve process capability and eliminate quality issues, prepare KPIs to provide quantifiable evidence of process effectiveness, identify inefficiencies in company processes and bottlenecks, and work with respective groups and end users to develop resolutions.
In This Position, You Will Have the Opportunity to:
• Work directly with the Operations leadership to facilitate setting priorities, developing goals, and designing objectives related to WCM and lean manufacturing; tie WCM projects to the site's operating goals and objectives; Will manage projects that will deliver savings, determined annually.
• Lead, facilitate, execute, and close projects using WCM principles and processes to deliver results; responsible for deploying WCM principles and processes across the site.
• Take ownership in developing a talented organization that supports the strategic and future needs of the business.
• Support culture change/transformation by engaging all employees; develop an operational excellence mindset at the department level.
• Set up, coach, train, and challenge improvement teams; supports teams in improvement implementation; builds strong collaborative relationships between Operations and all other functions.
• Interface with manufacturing personnel to improve existing processes, increase safety and solve any ergonomic concerns; present findings and make recommendations for improvement.
• Develop proposals to incorporate new technology where appropriate to ensure the most efficient process, low cost, and high quality products.
• Ensure compliance with ISO policies and procedures; maintains and applies them consistently and accurately.
• Establish and manage process metrics and data analysis.
What You Need to Succeed in This Position:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
• Eight to ten years of experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated success and financial results leading process improvement projects.
• Familiarity with Six Sigma is a preferred.
• Proven ability to research, identify losses, and implement processes to correct.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; presentation skills a must.
• Ability to manage conflict with positive outcomes.
• Effective communications skills; verbal and written.
• Ability to support and coach colleagues.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from all levels of the organization.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks; manage multiple tasks with limited supervision; can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Excellent problem solving skills a must.