Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Manager - Government Vertical
- Job ID
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for the sale of TEKsystems Global Services suite of offerings focused in our State & Local Government and Education (SLED) Government vertical. These service offerings include Shared Services, IT Deployment Services (Win 10 / O365), Application Modernization, Big Data / Analytics, eLearning, Cyber Security, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Medicaid Modernization solutions. The BDM has responsibility for growing TEKsystems Global Services’ (TGS) footprint in his / her assigned Territory / Region by:
- Building market plan and focal points
- Developing a strategy and rhythm to execute on that plan
- Identifying customer pains / problems / areas of opportunity
- Aligning our offerings in a way that allows us consistent quarter over quarter and year-over-year growth.
- Articulate Global Services’ capabilities and service values to both internal and external customers.
- ?Locate and drive potential business deals by contacting potential customers; discover and explore opportunities that align to offerings that TGS has in house.
- ? Create and execute a business development strategy for markets / clients / offerings supported
- ? Work effectively with Pre-Sales, Delivery, Back Office and local Resources during sales cycle
- ? Develop negotiating strategies; examine risks and potentials; estimate customers' needs and goals
- ? Package, prepare and deliver industry specific information and messaging to advance TGS sales with his/her Territory / Region. He/she will develop sales presentations and value messaging that supports TEKsystems’ core value propositions and industry/domain understanding which differentiate TGS from the competition.
- ? Navigate and operate effectively in a matrix sales organization
- ? Collaborate with other sellers in targeted customer set
- ? Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; develop and negotiate contracts and integrate contract requirements with business operations
- ? Identify and develop strategic alignment with key third party influencers
- ? Build and maintain relationships with counterparts across the TGS Sales/ Delivery / National Sales markets to drive business. The successful candidate will fully understands TGS services and its position in the market and they must have a deep understanding of the vertical they serve. The successful candidate will be able to effectively leverage existing SLED relationships to accelerate the close of new business and develop and maintain a broad base of relationships throughout the Vertical / Customer organization with emphasis on the executive level.
Key Accountabilities and Priorities:
- ? Grow Territory / Regional TGS SLED YOY Revenue to meet company goals and expected business results
- ? Partner with Regional Account Managers (AMs) to win net new TGS engagements within the vertical by maintaining an active role in the sales capture process
- ? Effectively partner with regional AMs, Regional Director, Vertical Vice President, Director of SLED Accounts and others to prioritize high value business opportunities at existing TGS clients as well as key prospect clients within the vertical
- ? 30-50% travel in support of existing and target customers in the industry on an as necessary basis
- ? Work with TGS sales/delivery leadership to organize and better package TGS industry specific messaging and experience such that it is more consumable internally and highly relevant externally
- ? Work with TGS sales/delivery leadership to identify and target key industry trends that could lend itself to replicate-able (and in some cases repeatable) TGS service offerings
- ? Understand SLED industry trends and their impact on our customers and be able to articulate how our service capabilities and channel partners provide holistic solutions to those trends.
- ? Four-year Undergraduate Degree is required for this position along with an extensive background in services sales experience, in particularly in the SLED industry.
- ? 8+ years of experience with selling technology services within State or Local Governments/Higher Ed.
- ? 2-4 years of experience selling IT services with an offshore component
- ? A deep understanding of the targeted industry/vertical they serve and a high comprehension of the trends, business drivers and dominant buying motives within that vertical that drive TGS opportunities.
- ? Must be able to demonstrate their understanding of the business trends of that industry at a level that provides immediate credibility in a sales engagement with a client executive.
- ? Clear list of past services customers and channel partner relationships in the industry that could be leveraged to accelerate sales and growth.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
- ? Ability to assess competitive landscape
- ? Solid business acumen
- ? Excellent networking skills
- ? Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- ? Excellent written, verbal, analytical with persuasive and interpersonal skills