The Boston Consulting Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Identity and Access Management Lead Engineer
at The Boston Consulting Group
The position will play a critical role in driving next generational development of these software products, likely collaborating in successful multi-million dollar, multi-year investments. Under general guidance from the IT Manager IAM and embedded in the Intelligent Computing Experience team in BCG IT, this role will be at the center of product and client integration efforts with BCG’s IAM solutions, working with various BCG project teams, developers, and operations team to ensure that BCG information standards are adhered to while meeting the requirements of stakeholders – ensuring security, flexibility, scalability, and performance.
WHO WE ARE
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible—and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
YOUR EMPLOYEE TYPE IS
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- BS/BA Degree in network or software engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related field.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in infrastructure technologies
- Delivering and operating large IAM solutions as well as foundational security infrastructure concepts across operating systems, networking, and n-tiered architectures
- Managing commercial identity Single Sign On and Federation products
- Architecting solutions in a multivendor cloud environment – IaaS and SaaS providers
- Expertise in single sign-on and authentication technologies such as SAML, OpenID Connect, and Kerberos.
- Desirable (but not required):
- Experience managing Active Directory and Azure AD
- Experience in Microsoft AD management (in-depth understanding of sites & replication, administrative structures, group policy services, enterprise security, certificate services, and disaster recovery)
- Familiarity with ITIL and BOST
- Experience managing O365 in a large environment
YOUR JOB TYPE IS
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws. In addition, as a federal government contractor, BCG maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations.BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- Viewed as subject matter expert to stakeholders; possesses in-depth knowledge of complex topics.
- Leads segments of work or small sub-functional teams; participates in setting direction for areas of expertise.
- Work with stakeholders (technical or end users) to identify and understand business requirements and propose IAM solutions, employing creativity to resolve diverse problems.
- Perform research for viable technical and/or non-technical solutions, evaluating new technology and systems that could be used to fulfill business needs. Advocate, influence, and build consensus for innovations.
- Provide general insight/input into budget of areas of responsibility.
- Develop internal network with senior leaders within own function and key stakeholders.
- Identifies risks and proposes risk mitigation strategies associated with the technical choices.
- Participate in day to day operations of BCG’s global AD environment (incl. Microsoft AD management).
- Continuously improve the time, cost, and risk associated with Access Request functionality, while driving future direction and evolution of access management technologies and processes.
- Install, configure, and maintain application integrations with the Okta universal directory.
- Manage identities lifecycles across multiple platforms including Active Directory, Azure AD, Okta, AWS, GCP.
- Enable legacy and modern identity providers (AD, Okta, ADFS, Azure AD, certificates and PKI, etc.) for management by IAM tools.
- When confronted with technical challenges, must find creative, economical, and elegant engineering solutions.
- Document and communicate IAM solutions to the rest of the engineering team, third party vendors (as required), and all stakeholders (to the detail appropriate to the audience).
- Educate other team members on basic and advanced IAM features and best practices.
- Mentors and directs other more junior members of the team.
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned or required.
- Moderate amount of traveling – dependent on project requirements and team activities.
IT Identity and Access Management Lead Engineer
YOU'RE GOOD AT (CONT'D)
YOU'LL WORK WITH