The Clorox Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Capital Project Manager
at The Clorox Company
The Associate Capital Project Manager (CPM) role will be an engineering and technical resource for Clorox Companies. This position provides solutions to a wide range of difficult problems using in-depth knowledge of specific manufacturing operations combined with the application of appropriate engineering principles. The role provides technical knowledge on evolving capabilities within both the industry and the business unit to maintain its competitive position in the market place. The CPM champions and models Clorox standards and practices for the rest of the technical community
Make your mark
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, and have busy personal lives. And we're all able to make a positive impact -- at Clorox, in our communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth -- growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
- Plans and leads small to medium-sized capital projects/programs that include the integration of outside technical resources.
- Provides solutions to a wide range of difficult problems using in-depth knowledge of specific manufacturing operations combined with the application of appropriate engineering principles.
- With assistance determines general approach and specific solutions to technical problems. Demonstrates good judgment in making commitments and risk-taking.
- Provides technical knowledge on evolving capabilities within both the industry and the technology in a way that the business unit is able to maintain its relative competitive position in the market place.
- Provides technical leadership to teams conceiving, developing, and implementing technology upgrades or product improvement/line extensions. Routinely leads inter-organization teams working on product improvement and line extension.
- Anticipates changing resource requirements and results, and initiates appropriate responses in a way that optimizes overall project results.
- Makes effective presentations of technical material to non-technical people, both written and verbal. Able to build and lead effective work teams for small to medium programs.
- Drives use of the engineering discipline in such a way that it causes shifts in our manufacturing processes.
- Deliver fully integrated human, operational and technical systems that achieve targeted business results. Can evaluate, develop and lead a project from the technical, operational and business perspectives.
- Able to follow and champion the Capital Project Management process. Capable of following a disciplined process approach utilizing the One-Right-Way process to ensure vertical systems startups.
- Interpersonal and technical skills earn respect and are recognized throughout the Clorox network. Continually builds networks in both the Clorox and external communities to more broadly influence the organization.
- Proactive in dealing with confrontation and delivering win-win solutions for the business.
- Through implementation of capital projects develops skills and capabilities in oneself and associated people.
- Manage project scope, schedule, finances and resources to meet predetermined Clorox business objectives
- Works with assistance to coordinate own and others' activities while networking with key contacts outside of discipline. Manage project team members both internal to Clorox and external engineering resources.
- Works difficult issues using in-depth analysis and can evaluate tangible and intangible variables.
- Champions and models Clorox standards and practices for the rest of the technical community
- Leads programs and initiatives needed to improve technical area.
- Approx 50% travel is required.
Years and Type of Experience:
- 5 years of professional engineering experience with 3 years in a progression of assignments with at least 1 year of production and operational work, 1year of project work with exposure to new product development
- Position will require the candidate to be in manufacturing environment with rotating equipment, elevated surfaces, temperature variations etc.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Skills and Abilities:
- PMI and Lean Manufacturing Demonstrated leadership skills. Leadership of project teams without direct people responsibilities.
- Analytical & decision making skills that integrate technical and business factors
- Recognized for critical thought leadership
- Effective communication skills (verbal & written). Ability to communicate to senior management
- Planning and organizing skills to manage project priorities and coordinate other function activities
- Adaptation & flexibility skills to recognize the need for change and to initiate the change process
- Motivation & commitment to lead and direct others to exceptional results
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution
More about Engineering & Operational Services
We lead the Engineering, Quality, Production Services, and Health, Safety & Environment functions for our product supply network. You'll help deploy common systems, processes and tools as well as provide technical support across Clorox.
More about Clorox
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with 8,700 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2018 sales of $6.1 billion. In addition to our namesake bleach and cleaning products, we market some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including:
- Brita® water-filtration products
- Burt's Bees® natural personal care products
- Fresh Step® cat litter
- Glad® bags, wraps and containers
- Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces
- Kingsford® charcoal
- Liquid Plumr® clog removers
- Pine-Sol® cleaners
- RenewLife® digestive health products
- Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality®, Neocell® and Stop Aging Now® dietary supplements
- Professional services: Clorox Healthcare® and Clorox Commercial Solutions®
More than 80% of our sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Making a positive impact
Clorox is a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact, a community of global leaders committed to sustainability. We've been broadly recognized for our corporate responsibility efforts, most notably being named to the Drucker Institute's 2018 Management Top 250 list, The Just 100: America's Top Corporate Citizens list, CR Magazine's 2018 Best Corporate Citizens list. We are featured in the list of top 100 companies in the Inaugural Bloomberg Gender Equality Index in 2018 and ranked #47 on the Glassdoor 2019 Best Places to Work List for Large Companies. We also support our communities, and, in FY2018, contributed approx. $20 million in combined cash grants, product donations and cause marketing. The Clorox Company and its subsidiaries is an EEO/AA/Protected Veteran/Disabled/LGBT employer.