The Clorox Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Supply Intern - Technical Track (Start Date - January 2020)
at The Clorox Company
6 Months Intership
Internship Program Overview:
During a 6 month internship, you will gain exposure to the Clorox product portfolio, sourcing strategy for key spend areas, exposure to the Clorox culture and much more! Participate on cross-function teams to support process improvement projects, while also focusing on continual learning in the area of Supply Chain Management. The Clorox Company expects our interns to apply classroom knowledge and the latest Supply Chain processes to our initiatives and goals.
Intern activities to gain a holistic view of The Clorox Company:
- Exposure to Product Supply & Operations leadership team
- Plant, manufacturing and distribution center tours
- Overview of all Supply Chain areas in their roles and responsibilities in Clorox
- Strengths finders for personal/professional development
- Store check to gain the perspective from a Clorox Sales team lead
Technical Track Positions:
Electrical, Instrument and Controls Engineering (EIC)
- Learn from a Sr. Electrical Engineering mentor while further developing design experience in industrial power distribution and factory automation through exposure, training and hands on experience supporting corporate engineering capital projects.
- Gain project management experience including management of engineering consultants, supervision of electrical contractors and interfacing with plant maintenance and operations.
- Research and develop a "new to Clorox" technology using sensors, PLCs, operator interfaces, and industrial Ethernet networks.
- Assist in the development of best practices and engineering standards for Clorox.
- Contributing both as an individual and part of a team in engineering and delivering consumer products process manufacturing systems to the plant floor
- Contributing as an individual and as part of a team in engineering and delivering consumer products packaging systems to the plant floor
- Interface to business and technical leaders, influencing decision-making in the interest of cost optimization and supply assurance, while facilitating a robust and sustainable supply chain
- Assist with improving data collection, integrity, accuracy & quality around safety/environmental incident reporting and compliance tracking systems
- Support corporate safety and/or environmental projects for Clorox sites
- Develop/improve structure for safety management system
- Develop short safety/environmental training videos for plant leaders, staff, and production associate use
- Gain an understanding Human & Organization Performance philosophy and framework support as it pertains to safety in the workplace
Capital Management Project
- Lead capital projects within Clorox plant sites that range from manufacturing line extensions, infrastructure upgrades and new product innovation launches
- Centrally pooled engineering teams deploy to plant sites to plan and execute project work
- Hands on capital project leadership to include internal and external team members
- Capital project managers support all CLX businesses and may lead several projects simultaneously
- Building quality into manufacturing processes and supporting systems that drive out waste throughout the product supply chain from the purchase of materials to delivery of finished product
- Implement improvement projects in Clorox's manufacturing and supply chain operations with a focus on implementing web dashboard reporting.
- Implement improvement projects in Clorox's supply chain operations with a focus on implementing web dashboard reporting
- Develop cutting edge tools for multi-level data analysis across multiple organizations
- Work on cross-functional teams to improve and optimize current reporting systems
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and build relationships both vertically/horizontally within Clorox with refined oral, written and data presentation skills and appropriate interface with external contacts
- Activities include but not limited to: logistics analysis, customer relationship management, order management, problem solving and solution recommendation and implementation, interfacing with customers, vendors and partners and assisting with other internal and external initiatives.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Planning and Organizing: Identifies and translates priorities into clear actionable tactics, effective organization and time management skills, multi-tasks well, set goals and achieves them
- Professional Development: Drives personal development and influences others as appropriate with the ability to present ideas and issues in a thoughtful manner
- Strong aptitude for learning new systems and processes
- Strong leadership skills and a track record of achieving results
Minimum Education Level/Degree:
- Discipline Desired - Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Industrial Engineering
- GPA Required 3.0 or higher
- No Visa Sponsorship
- Class Standing Required -- Junior/Senior
- Dates of Internship -- January 2020 through June 2020
- Offers of employment are contingent upon proof of the applicant's legal right to work and be employed in the United States
How to Apply:
Please apply for this position at the following website:
Create a profile and apply to Requisition #9106