Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at toyo tires
Toyo Tire North America Manufacturing, Inc. (TNA) offers a compelling value proposition for anyone who is interested in a fast-paced work environment where you will be challenged and have the opportunity to grow professionally. TNA is the only tire manufacturing plant in North America for Toyo Tires Corporation and is its flagship production facility. Competitive compensation and benefits along with shift schedules that offer a favorable work/life balance are just a few of our attractive features. At TNA, you also have the opportunity to work in a world-class, state-of-the-art, technologically advanced, environmentally conscious production facility located within an easy commute of metropolitan Atlanta and Chattanooga.
TNA is currently looking for a Production Supervisor. This role is responsible for leading a production team in a manufacturing environment to achieve all plant and departmental objectives within his or her scope of responsibility and manage the operational systems of the assigned department to ensure compliance and successful execution. This position has direct supervision responsibility for up to 35 manufacturing technicians and 2-4 team leaders.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scheduling of people, machines, materials, and support services to achieve maximum team efficiency in meeting production requirements.
- Insure team members are trained to guarantee proper skill sets are developed and improved on daily.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills.
- Effectively communicates with peers, team members, customers, suppliers, and technical staff.
- Facilitate team meetings.
- Ensure performance evaluations and counseling sessions are conducted in a constructive manner.
- Translate company objectives in EHS, 5-S, quality, Kaizen, and production into action plans.
- Review production schedules and estimates manpower requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to team members and enforces safety regulations.
- Work with Human Resources Department to hire, train, and develop manufacturing personnel in the execution of their responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Although preferred, a Bachelor's degree (BS or BA) from an accredited four-year college or university along with 2-5 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably tire manufacturing) may be substituted for an equivalent combination of both. A solid mechanical aptitude and some basic electrical experience is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
RELOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
TOYO TIRE NORTH AMERICA MANUFACTURING, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER