T.Y. Lin International Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Marketing & Business Development Manager
at T.Y. Lin International Group
- Req No.
- Business Development
TY. Lin International is currently seeking a Marketing and Business Development Manager in the Atlanta office. The Marketing and Business Development manager will play a critical role in shaping, building, and growing TYLI’s consulting engineering services in the Atlanta Region and other southeastern U.S. states. Key responsibilities include direct support of the development and successful implementation of client-based strategic marketing / business development plans for TYLI Atlanta resulting in consistent achievement of targeted sales goals. This position will support the refinement and implementation of the Atlanta Office’s proposal development process and oversee/lead major proposal efforts as needed.
The position requires the technical, managerial and administrative oversight of business development, marketing, and proposal teams, as required to win targeted projects.
- Engage and develop trusted relationships with key clients and company leaders to ensure a deep understanding of the nature of opportunities and the client requirements. Assess and interpret Client requirements and ensure a winning strategy appropriate for the opportunity.
- Draw on extensive business and capture management experience to provide leadership and work guidance to other staff. Mentor and develop future company talent on the intricacies of complex client relationships.
- Research and identify market growth opportunities in all market sectors.
- Work with the technical leads/client managers to develop annual marketing/business development plans based on thoughtful evaluation of factors such as: the available market, economic / political environment, competitive environment, and technological requirements, as well as an assessment of TYLI’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats within the marketplace. The plans should include clearly defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to win work.
- Develop solution-oriented sales approaches detailed to customer market and requirements.
- Work with Atlanta Unit Manager, Technical Leaders and Project Managers to develop strategies for cultivating prospects and winning work.
- Work with our Line of Business Directors and other Project Managers to develop strategies for cultivating prospects in the South Region.
- Manage the business development process
- Attend industry/professional society meetings (during and after hours) and coordinate promotional events, political participation, and sponsorships.
- Arrange client meetings and coordinate attendance with technical leads and project managers.
- Assist with and make recommendations for teaming arrangements on pursuits.
- Key support of pursuit go/no go evaluations and project win plan development.
- Monitor the status of project opportunities and prepare sales forecasts.
- Serve as pursuit manager on larger proposals including proposal development and writing in accordance with established win themes.
- Review, comment, and provide coaching on draft proposals and interview presentations.
- Lead regular marketing strategy planning meetings, and implement accountability measures for those with BD responsibilities
- Develop, manage, and maintain relationships with clients and prospects that result in new business opportunities.
- As requested, assist the Unit Manager, as well as other members of the leadership team, with special assignments.
- Working in close collaboration with Atlanta and South Region leadership, develop, manage, and maintain relationships with clients and prospects that result in new business opportunities.
- Require a degree in Engineering with a minimum of 20 years’ experience in transportation project management, design and construction administration. Professional Licensure preferred. Design build and program management experience is a plus. Existing relationships with transportation clients preferred, as well as knowledge of their policies and procedures.
- Must be articulate with executive presence, creative and forward-looking, clear thinker and have a track record of successful business development in a professional services firm environment.
- Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical to staff members and customers, in a clear and concise manner
- Strong communication skills to interact with and persuade team members and customers
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and presentation skills for interacting with proposal team members and clients
- Strong ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
- Strong ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to understand and identify with client business and its corresponding business conditions
- Ability to translate understanding of client business and needs into services which TYLI can offer
- Excellent verbal and written and presentation skills are a must.