Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Chemical Safety Research Director
at UL LLC
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Category
Contribute to a safer, secure and more sustainable World!
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Chemical Safety-Human Health of Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. has an opening for a Senior Research Director with experience in human exposure to chemicals and other environmental pollutants.
- Responsibilities include directing and expanding a global research program on chemical exposure, sources and transport, acute and chronic impact on human health, and mitigative strategies.
- Other initiatives will include identifying, establishing, and managing relationships with research partners; managing research staff and external partners; writing and overseeing the generation of research reports, technical documents, and peer reviewed publications; managing analytical toxicology laboratory; making leadership presentations at key technical, advisory, and leadership conferences.
- Developing strategic research plans and budgets; and serving as the as the organization’s internal and external science lead on chemical/health research and associated outreach efforts.
- Must have a PhD or MD/PhD in toxicology, public health, chemistry or biological science and at least 15 years of full-time professional experience.
- Must have experience must be in applied toxicology; chemical exposure assessments and modeling, analytical toxicology measurements; health science; indoor air quality; air pollution or industrial hygiene chemical exposure.
- Must have visionary view of emerging technologies/products/ processes and potential health risks.
- Must have proven track record in conducting and managing discovery and applied research in academia, industry, nonprofit or government laboratories.
- Must be published and recognized in the fields of applied and environmental exposure with demonstrable subject matter expertise and acceptance as key science leader in fields of interest.
- Must have demonstrated ability to establish leadership advisory groups, organize and facilitate meetings and roundtables, negotiate and direct outcomes, and deliver and champion excellent work..
- Must have strong program/project management and leadership skills to manage projects and staff and to collaboratively work with people from multiple disciplines.
- Must have ability to identify and manage priorities as demonstrated by the ability to establish, track and meet schedules for multiple projects while maintaining high quality work.