Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Project Handler
at UL LLC
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Category
- Program/Project Management
Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Under general supervision, manages execution and completion of environmental projects for existing and developing sustainable services. Will assist with analysis of project specifications such as time, audit, and test and sample requirements by analyzing client input, available supplemental data and product construction. Will support new and existing program development efforts
- Act as the primary client interface for specific clients in partnership with the account manager and is responsible for the entire project execution. Communicates clearly and frequently with clients to discuss technical issues, explain UL Environment procedures and requirements, and negotiate project plans. Acts to address client concerns and to resolve client issue, in order to efficiently complete projects.
- Manages projects from beginning to end by obtaining necessary information from the account manager, client, coordinating project testing with the appropriate laboratories, liaising with Field Services or other auditors, communicating with environmental experts, and ultimately being accountable for meeting and exceeding project milestones and client expectations.
- Works with the client and internal Environmental Project Handlers and Program Managers to ensure the same methodology is consistently applied to projects. This includes examining the product, reviewing product and manufacturing documentation, preparing test information for laboratories, evaluating test results, and preparing checklists for on-site audits of manufacturers.
- Communicates project status and results to clients and account manager through frequent contact and by preparing reports. Constantly strives to exceed customer expectations.
- Liaises with Account Managers, Commercial Team, Finance and Subject Matter Experts such as the Product Manager, external stakeholders, external and internal certification bodies, and New Product Development/Science Teams where required.
- Develops and maintains project working templates to support program development, implementation, and maintenance.
- Performs other duties as required.
- University Degree (Bachelor's degree) in Environmental Science or other technical field or 4+ years directly related work experience
- Project management and direct client interface experience strongly preferred.
- Working experience with technical environmental concepts, such as test methods, chemicals and material data
- Knowledge or experience with one or combination of following preferred:
- Sustainability Standards and Environmental Claims
- Recycled Content
- Landfill Diversion / Zero Waste to Landfills
- Mold Resistance
- Bio-based Materials
- Rapidly Renewable Materials
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS)
- Indoor Air Quality – chemical emissions
- ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- Energy Efficiency
- Life Cycle Analysis