Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at UL LLC
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Category
The Engineering Retail Laboratory Intern will assist Laboratory staff with improving the quality and overall customer satisfaction of a UL Retail customers privately branded products; including returns to store reduction, damage or damage markdown reduction, improving online reviews and ratings, and reduce customer care complaints.
Ensure optimal execution of process controls for the customer and its related companies so that the factories being used and the products being manufactured meet or exceed product specifications and relevant national, state, and local laws.
Ensure compliance to all relevant requirements from Standard Operating Procedures, contracts, supplier buying agreements, and purchase orders and monitor the implementation of continuous improvement / corrective / preventive action plans throughout each process.
These responsibilities will include tasks such as:
- Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solutions and providing feedback to the UL Retail customer, including issues of capability, tolerancing, and materials/handling related issues.
- Effectively communicate and reinforce the UL commitment to quality improvement efforts
- Assist in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Control plans and Measurement system analysis.
- Assist in the Development / validation of test and inspection plans designed to assure quality of products based on a review of UL, ANSI, industry trends, and historical performance data.
- Support the Retail Customer in the review and resolution of issues with suppliers, factories, service providers, merchandising, store operations, distribution, safety, customers, and other related supply chain components as required.
- Analyze and interpret assessment, test, and inspection results, determine root cause of failures and non-conformities, and drive continuous improvement and best practices.
- Assists in defining, developing and deploying data, analytics and reporting products and services.
- Conducts data validation, statistical analyses, and data mapping.
- Knowledge of Hand tools and Measuring Equipment.
- Performs other duties as directed. Qualifications
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- University Student with a major in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or related field from an ABET accredited program.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to interface effectively and professionally with clients
- Eager to learn, team player, and ability to work autonomously