Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ultimate Software
The Payroll Specialist performs payroll-related functions, including payroll processing, payroll tax compliance, automated timekeeping systems and payroll reporting in a multi-site, multi-state, high-volume environment. The Payroll Specialist provides excellent customer service to managers and associates and is well versed in payroll compliance, taxes and reporting.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Performs payroll-related functions including but not limited to payroll processing, audits and maintenance
- Processes payroll(s) for multi-frequency Managed Services clients as scheduled
- Performs file imports into payroll system from various sources and reviews and verifies payroll data in a timely manner
- Prepares off-cycle payrolls and manual checks as necessary
- Escalates non-routine inquiries and issues to Team Lead or Manager
- Builds strong partnership with clients by providing superior service
- Identifies areas of client dissatisfaction and proposes solutions and coordinates with Team Lead or Manager to resolve
- Develops and maintains awareness of SSAE16 requirements and accountable for compliance of each task performed
- Maintain discretion and professionalism with team members and clients
- Attends and/or facilitates regular client calls
- Serve as first point of contact for projects, tasks or issues
- Quarter End, Year End, and Open Enrollment assistance and task execution
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Quickly and easily adapts to change and shifting priorities with enthusiasm
- Actions and words consistently provide positive motivation and influence to their team and other teams within UMS
- Understands priorities and what is most important to both internal and external customers
- Eagerly meets business opportunities and challenges head-on
- Leads by example
- Proficient report writing capabilities
- Experience with large corporate payroll processing that includes exposure to benefits and 401(k)
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll tax laws
- Knowledge of Canadian payroll laws preferred
- Detail oriented, exhibiting strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office Suite of software to include Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems through effective customer service interface and communication
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent, three to five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- FPC/CPP Certification preferred
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact email@example.com.