Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Development / M&A in Atlanta at Vaco
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3R5DN6CQHTJTX0QKCR
Job DescriptionUpdated 6-9-19 (Exclusive to Vaco - no other agency has this role and it is not posted by our confidential client)
Vaco Atlanta is seeking an exceptional Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Development / M&A to lead our fast growing healthcare services client's highly collaborative financial team and be responsible for identifying, evaluating and executing mergers and acquisitions, investments, joint ventures and divestitures.
This is a fantastic role that can start at analyst level ($80K with 2 years experience) or fill as a director / manager level (up to $150K). With high exposure, you would lead all valuation analysis and drive due diligence for potential M&A transactions. In addition, you will play an active role in idea generation, deal structuring, negotiation and legal documentation.
In this role you will have extensive interaction with senior management as well as the target companies. Candidates should be top performers who are willing to work hard in an unstructured environment where initiative, creativity, maturity, and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued.
- Become a thought partner to senior business leaders through careful research and analysis
- Conduct special projects, requiring expert knowledge of multiple departments within the company
- Provide hands-on support, including analytics when necessary, for the operational aspects of ongoing strategic initiatives
- Interpret results and make recommendations for next steps
- Build qualitative and quantitative research models and tools to support/execute projects
- Coordinate outsourcing of research with internal or external providers
- Develop presentations and models for various scenarios such as M&A, productivity, etc.
- Recommend improvements, business process optimization, organization design, investments, etc.
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in finance, economics, accounting, business strategy, business administration or related
- MBA required
- At least 2 years of professional work experience with modeling and strategic planning
- Experience in one of the areas: investment banking, private equity, corporate development, mergers & acquisitions
- Quantitative analysis and problem-solving skills (advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills)
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong, results-oriented work ethic; proven ability to focus on learning, outcomes and high-quality work product
- Demonstrate willingness to take initiative and increase level of autonomy and responsibility with the goal of eventually taking on greater project management roles and potentially client responsibilities
- Previous experience working in Technology or Healthcare Industry (or providing related services to these industries as part of a professional services firm)