Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Components Sales Associate
at Valmont Corp
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Valmont Site Pro 1 is a distributor of wireless communication tower components. We are looking for a highly driven individual to fill the role of Components Sales Representative that will be responsible for processing customer quotes and/or orders, determining product availability, communicating on a professional basis with all internal and external customers
- This position reports into the Key Accounts/Operations Manager
- This is an inside sales/customer service role
- Manage and communicate specifics for quotations
- Enter customer orders into proprietary software
- Process quotes and orders on a timely basis, ensuring accuracy throughout the process
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with internal and external customers
- Perform a variety of multiple tasks concurrently in a fast paced environment
- Make recommendations for process improvements/techniques within your areas of responsibility.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Minimum of two years of previous experience in a sales, telemarketing, or customer service position
- Minimum of one year with previous experience with Materials Resource Planning (MRP) Software
- Demonstrated strengths in interpersonal skills, including the ability to adapt and professionally communicate with a variety of people via phone and e-mail
- The ability to solve complex problems with high attention to detail and work in a fast-paced environment subject to specific deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, especially: Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must be willing and able to remain seated for long periods of time performing detailed clerical functions including answering the phone
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Five or more years of previous experience in a sales, telemarketing, or customer service position
- The ability to understand and analyze engineering details, project plans, and specifications
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner and be an integral part of a team environment
- Must have an acceptable attendance and prior employment record
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.