Vanco Payment Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Engineer Contractor
at Vanco Payment Solutions
Have you heard about Vanco’s Security and Compliance team? Dedicated and talented, we are passionate about keeping Vanco’s products and users safe.
We are looking for a Security Engineer to join us for a six-month contract as we encourage security best practices throughout the company and provide resources for others to learn more about operational and web application security.
Who are we? Vanco is a market-leading software as a service (SaaS) company offering payment. Over 40,000 faith-based groups, nonprofits and schools trust Vanco to simplify administrative processes, organize events and securely complete transactions every day.
We are looking for a Security Engineer who enjoys very detailed security work and possesses both deep and wide expertise in the security space. You will make things more secure by protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and securing highly sensitive data. We want someone who has a background in security, networking and systems engineering.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will architect, engineer, implement, manage and monitor security solutions, for the protection of computer systems, networks and data
- You will perform PII scanning, result assessment and remediation
- You will perform Network Security Monitoring
- You will configure IDS/IPS systems
- You will configure FIM rules
- You will assist with reviewing and optimizing Firewall policies
- You will identify and define system security requirements
- You will help develop detailed cyber security designs
- You will prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols and processes
- You will configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- You will assist with security incidents
- You will provide expert advice and consultancy on remediation of security findings
- You will provide training & technical leadership to other resources
- You will write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- You will participate in an ongoing 24/7 on-call rotation
Who you are:
- You are a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- You have attained a BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- You have 3 years of experience in IT and 2 years experience in Information Security Engineering to include building and maintaining security systems
- You have hands on experience in the following:
* Intrusion Detection/Prevention systems (IDS/IPS)
* File-Integrity Monitoring (FIM)
* Anti-Virus software
* Security Information and Event Management (SIEMs)
* Web Application Firewalls (WAFs)
* Authentication Systems
* Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
* Log Management
* Content Filtering
* Vulnerability Management
* Cloud Security
* Identity and Access Management (SSO)* Multi Factor Authentication
- You have experience working in complex infrastructure environments. Established understanding of the relationships between networked systems, applications & APIs, and users.
- You have familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- You have hands on experience with CENTOS, other Linux flavors
- You have deep level knowledge of networking protocols, TCP/IP
- You have Linux command line experience
- You can script in python and pearl
- You have experience with system hardening practices
- You have incident response experience
- You possess web application security knowledge
- You are familiar with PCI-DSS assessments
- You have experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- You have thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- You are familiar with both open source and commercial security solutions
- You have earned some of the following certifications: CISSP, CEH, ECSA, OSCP, GSEC, GCIA, GCFA
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vanco is committed to serving those who improve their communities. We are a technology leader specializing in payment and donation processing, education administration software and event management. We serve more than 45,000 customers in education, faith-based organizations, nonprofits and professional services markets. Vanco earns the trust of clients by providing tools that reduce administrative burdens and costs, enable organizations to increase fundraising and simplify work. Vanco has offices across the United States and in Mexico and Australia.
Looking for an awesome place to work? Start a conversation with us today!