Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Walsh Group
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Experienced - Full-Time
Archer Western a member of The Walsh Group is currently seeking a Civil/Earthwork Estimator for our Atlanta Regional office.
The Estimator will support and work with management, operations and estimating staff in the review of project plans, requirements and specifications. The Estimator shall have extensive knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and engineering principles. Qualified individuals will have estimating experience with large Commercial, Residential, Healthcare, Transportation projects. Must be confident working with estimating teams on projects of varying sizes, and be capable of estimating hard bid, negotiated and conceptual projects. Individual must be self-motivated, possess strong communication/interpersonal skills and be confident in his/her ability to develop and manage their assigned portion of the estimate.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Archer Western employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Review project plans, requirements and specifications.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities to coordinate a team of estimators to develop a large multidisciplinary estimate.
- Determine labor and equipment costs.
- Perform accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
- Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks.
- Understand project logistics and project schedule.
- Prepare bid packages. Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Review quotes and estimates with the Project Management Team.
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, Schematic, DD, CD, etc.)
- Assist with certain post-bid buyouts.
- Comprehends contract requirements for diversity compliance.
- 5 years of experience or College Degree with 8 years of experience
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Civil and Earthwork scopes of work, including quantifying and understanding costs invovled with self-performing these scopes
- Experience estimating projects over $30M
- Understanding of all applicable estimating software.
- Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles
- Well organized, flexible, detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines while constantly changing tasks and demands
- Effective presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communicator
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Veteran