Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Project Engineer
at Walsh Group
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Experienced - Full-Time
Archer Western a member of The Walsh Group is currently seeking a Project Engineer for the Building Division in Atlanta, GA.
Are you someone who thrives on managing production and solving problems? Are you excited about working for a family company where, when you push yourself, you will be recognized? For Walsh Project Engineers, a good day is getting everything done on their to-do lists or solving a pesky problem. A great day, is when they get to do both.
Walsh Project Engineers are easy to follow because they speak with precision, order and efficiency. They get things done because they plan their work and then work their plan. Are you a Project Engineer that puts the same amount of care into managing relationships as you do into managing production? Are you just as good at explaining contracts as you are at scoping them? If so, we might have something for you.
As a fourth generation family owned business, Walsh recruits Project Engineers that will take ownership for ensuring things are handled right. Are you someone who likes to say “yes” to taking on more? Are you someone who gets things started without being asked?
Walsh is looking for Project Engineers who can overcome obstacles and push a project forward. Someone who can take direction, but doesn’t always need to be told what to do. Project Engineers that can hold themselves and others accountable while still building strong, personal connections.
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you. If you have what it takes, welcome to the family.
In this role, responsibilities include:
- Document control (RFIs, submittals, change orders, claims, etc.)
- Assisting and supporting project team with daily project coordination
- Procurement of construction materials
- Quality Control / Quality Assurance checks
- Coordination of subcontractors
- Survey and project layout
- Weekly pictures for progress reports
- Manage construction equipment
- Safety management
- Project estimating
We are seeking professionals with the following qualifications:
- Entry level to 3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or equivalent
- Word and Excel skills
- Experience with construction software is preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to prioritize and manage time
- Strong follow up
- Ability to establish relationships
- Critical thinking and decision making skills
- Some travel required
- Specific role may require relocation
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Veteran