Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Technology / BIM Specialist
at Walsh Group
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Experienced - Full-Time
Archer Western a member of The Walsh Group is currently seeking a Construction Technology / BIM Specalist for our Big Creek WRF project located in Roswell, GA.
The Construction Technology Specalist, with an emphasis on corporate document management, will be responsible for leading the implementation and utilization of document management tools within The Walsh Group on various construction projects. They will be responsible for collaborating with different business units across the company, including both the Building and Heavy Civil divisions; providing assistance with the integration of new technologies.
Experience in managing construction documents is a plus, including, but not limited to project drawing sets and specifications, submittals, RFIs, NCRs, Punch Lists, Quality Control checklists and daily reports. They are encouraged to foster growth in the use of new document and other project management technologies with a keen eye towards technologies that bring real value to The Walsh Group project teams.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Assist in the use and development of comprehensive processes and methods for
implementation of emerging technologies.
- Consult with business groups and project teams to implement chosen technologies.
- Participate in refining major technical processes and participate in the development,
documentation, and implementation of new technical processes or services.
- Work with internal service groups including Safety, Quality, Information Technology, Estimating,
Marketing, and Career Development.
- Advise and train less experienced staff. Provide occasional ‘Help Desk’ style support as
necessary. Transfer duties to IT Help Desk as needed.
- Develop and implement strategies to integrate data from disparate and disconnected software
systems. This may include data exports and API integrations along with other methods.
- Track and manage software upgrades and contracts for chosen technologies.
- Maintain effective relationships with field personnel to stay on top of opportunities for
- Stay current with new updates to software as they pertain to The Walsh Group and the
- Maintain involvement with AEC technology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related professional
- Minimum of five years of experience in BIM / VDC or Construction Technology role or similar external experience.
- Proficient with some of the following: Construction Management, Three-dimensional modeling, drafting, visual scheduling, graphic design,
animation, audio/video production, audio/video editing, LiDAR and SLAM capture, photogrammetry capture and processing, UAS/Drone operations, programming/scripting languages, application development, data structure/analysis, and collaboration tools.
- Collaboration management; critical thinking abilities; oral, written, and graphic communication skills; and knowledge of construction contract documents are required.
- Some travel required. Specific role may require relocation. Ability to transport at least 50 pounds,
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability / Veteran