Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wencor Group
- Peachtree City, GA, USA
- Full Time
Job Title: Buyer III [W]
Reports to: VP of Strategic Procurement and Supplier Management
FLSA Status: Exempt EEO: Administrative Support Workers
This position is responsible for supplier selection, supplier performance, and inventory management for assigned product lines and suppliers.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teams with Product Management to facilitate supplier selection through competitive bidding, leveraging business acumen and relationships, sourcing analysis, and negotiation skills.
- Facilitates critical investment decisions regarding inventory levels, product availability, market pricing, and unit costs.
- Performs cost benefit analysis to support business case buy decisions.
- Facilitates root cause analysis and coordinates with internal customers as well as suppliers to resolve issues.
- Ability to develop cost baselines from current usage information and any other information required to create current state supply chain cost comparisons to future state.
- Ensures metric alignment with Strategic Sourcing, Finance, Product Management, Operations, and Sales.
- Prepares data comparisons to establish cost impact of sourcing options as part of the strategic sourcing process.
- Defines business cost drivers and considers total cost-of-ownership in decision analysis.
- Assists with establishing and tracking supply chain performance metrics.
- Analyzes and negotiates favorable payment terms, pricing, and delivery for parts assigned.
- Manages assigned product lines to optimize inventory investment (increasing turns while achieving desired service levels).
- Researches, recommends, and negotiates best practice standards with suppliers.
- Continuously investigates and develops new competitive sources of supply for commercial and military aircraft parts.
- Leverages common part buys with Wencor Group companies.
- Prepares and analyzes accurate reports on COGS, inventory levels, anticipated purchases, etc. as required.
- Develops and negotiates LTA's (Long Term Agreements) that provide increased value to Wencor (reduces/contains cost, increases inventory turns, reduces lead-time, and increases quality and on-time delivery).
- Manages and improves supplier performance, by engaging suppliers monthly to meet Quality, Delivery, Lead-time, and Cost goals.
- Handles order management, which includes, but not limited to, placing PO's, entering quotes, updating lead-times, expediting and de-expediting deliveries, and communicating updates to internal customers.
- Develops spreadsheets and presentations supporting recommendations.
- Tracks and reports sourcing initiatives' progress and results.
- Performs other functions and duties as needed and/or assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Professional certifications, such as CPM, are preferred. Intermediate to advanced user of office word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and lift up to 10 pounds.
- Is regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
- Is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- Works in moderate levels of noise.
- Has clear vision at 20 inches or less. Has the ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, and has the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
- Education Requirements: B.S. degree in Finance, Supply Chain Management, or related field required. Three five years of experience in a strategic purchasing role. Experience in demand planning and SPSM or CPSM certification is preferred.