Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineering Representative, On-Site
at Wencor Group
- Product Management
- Peachtree City, GA, USA
- Full Time
Job Title: Engineering Representative, On-Site
Department: PTC Engineering
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Direct reports: 0 Indirect reports: 0
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with customer in understanding all aspects of their operations in terms of PMA.
- Understand and communicate all aspects of PMA development. Prioritize customers PMA needs and maintain up to date two-way communication of project status with customer and engineering team.
- Facilitate borrowing of OEM samples and acquisition of data from IPC's, AMM's, SRM's, CMM's, S/B's, etc.
- Coordinate fit checks, installation pictures and testing as necessary.
- Work directly with mechanics to gather reliability information/failure mechanisms pertaining to PMA development.
- Provide customer support regarding any failures or quality issues.
- Gain engineering access to the various shops. Establish relationships so that project engineers can meet and communicate directly with the mechanics.
- Work closely with sales representatives, customer and Product Development to identify and increase PMA development activity on key platforms.
- Help facilitate airline/ shop coordination on key PMA initiatives.
- Facilitate the airline PMA approval.
- Participate in the design and certification of FAA approved aftermarket aircraft parts.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, suppliers, clients, customers, and the general public. Strong database, spreadsheet, and PowerPoint skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: High degree of communication, business and marketing skills
High degree of industry knowledge. High propensity for mechanical concepts. Must be detailed-oriented and focused on results.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Is occasionally required to stand, walk, and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Is regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
- Is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- Has clear vision at 20 inches or less and the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
- Works in moderate noise levels.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Be able to work as a team member and possess good inter-personal skills.
- Professional demeanor and work habits
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to navigate documents such as IPC's, CMM's, AMM's, SRM's, S/B's, etc. and have a good knowledge of commercial large aircraft and engine systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related field
- Five years of related aviation experience