Wise Foods, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wise Foods, Inc.
- 11-Oct-2019 to 10-Nov-2019 (EST)
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Full Time
The purchasing Specialist has full responsibility for obtaining the best quality, service and value for products and services through effective bidding, negotiating and supplier management. Source and execute purchasing of all site inventoried, non-inventoried, and miscellaneous items. Works closely with a variety of levels to purchase materials necessary to support the operations of the company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create, confirm and expedite purchase orders to have materials delivered timely to meet production demands
- Review purchasing requisitions, establish sourcing plan, quote, negotiate, issue and manage purchase orders for assigned projects and/or supplier
- Develop analytical tools and reports in order to manage supply chain performance
- Ensure that critical forecasting and inventory planning inputs and parameters are updated in planning system (customer forecast, new product introductions, lead times, stocking status, etc.)
- Evaluate and adjust inventory-stocking levels based on past order history and performance levels in order to optimize costs and service. Assists in controlling inventory at suppliers Warehouses
- Analyze inventory levels to identify and make recommendations regarding excess and obsolete inventory. Works closely with suppliers and plants to minimize plant inventory levels
- Coordinates releases /shipments between plants and suppliers
- Stays abreast of promotional plans and graphic changes affecting printing dates
- Develops/analyzes purchasing statistics for reports and to improve buying decisions
- Completes various monthly reports on price comparisons, corrugated usage, etc.
- Develop and maintain good supplier relations, ensuring quality, competitive pricing and on-time delivery
- Assist with month-end inventory process, counting, analysis, and adjustments
- Provide continuous improvement suggestions for the material processes
- Communicate delays and issues in a concise and timely manner
- Point of contact for sales and marketing and identifying / implementing new tools
- Additional work projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- Proven working experience as purchasing buyer
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- Must have analytical skills
- Excellent MS Excel/Access skills are required
- Thorough knowledge of purchasing and negotiating methods, principles and concepts
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions