Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
# of openings:
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATV's, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, power assist bicycles, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have a passion for our products!
Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a perception Engineer to join our Power Boats Systems division in Kennesaw, GA. The Perception Engineer will actively lead the development of a perception system to bring to market advanced control features for marine vessels. This role will focus on developing machine vision systems to perceive the environment around marine vessel.
- System Architecture, selection and integration of processor, sensors, communications and integration with existing vessel control systems.
- Development of detection and tracking algorithms.
- Project documentation and revision control.
- On the water testing, system validation.
- Work closely with engineers on small cross functional multidisciplinary team.
- Must be able to travel to Japan regularly.
- Must be able to assist perception system from proof of concept all the way to production.
- Will be the team perception expert and operate with a high level of autonomy to design a perception system within the design requirements .
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace, Controls, or a related field.
- Experience working with and developing software algorithms for object tracking and detection.
- Proficiency developing software for complex systems.
- Experience collaborating with other functional teams to seamlessly integrate software and hardware systems.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience with building autonomous systems containing both perception and control.
- Experience with ROS, MOOS or equivalent robotics architecture preferred
- Experience with GPUs, FPGAs, sensor selection, hardware and software integration
- Working knowledge of modern machine learning methods.
- Working knowledge developing path planning algorithms.
- Working knowledge of control theory.
- Excellent analytical and program solving skills, excellent written and oral communication, self-starter and highly motivated.
- Must perform all other duties outstandingly and consistent with guidelines, as assigned.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Reports to: BPS Engineering Manager