The YMCA of Metro Atlanta serves more than 300,000 individuals with 23 full facilities and ten additional camping and childcare locations. The Y provides financial assistance to support more than 25,000 youth, teens and families. The Y offers programs that serve kids, adults and families at all stages of life. As the largest provider of early learning and after-school programs in Georgia, the Y is closing the achievement gap for Atlanta youth. During the teen years, the Y focuses on leadership development to prepare teens to connect to and serve their communities. A leader in healthy living, the Y offers youth sports and wellness programs designed to help kids and adults live healthier and be more active. A strong community can only be achieved when we invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors. We believe that to bring about meaningful change in individuals and communities, we must be focused and accountable. At the Y, we measure the success of our cause by how well we engage communities in our three areas of focus:
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and well-being.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
From 1:30-3:30 pm - Monday thru Friday - Under direction of the Associate Program Director or Program Coordinator, the Afterschool Bus Driver is responsible for the safety of all campers and staff while en route.
1. Be at least 21 years of age.
2. Be able to provide sound, caring and positive leadership for children
3. Be able to recognize and implement safety standards during route.
4. Have a good understanding of the mission and values of the Y and be able to demonstrate and teach from those values.
5. Pass a criminal background check and drug test using State of Georgia guidelines.
6. Must have CDL with passenger and air brake endorsement.
7. Must be able to pass a driving record check to drive for the Y.
8. Attend the designated dates for staff training.
9. Must have current CPR certification. If not, must complete this certification within first 90 days of employment.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to champion
communities where everyone belongs.
Summit Family YMCA
Reflecting its Judeo-Christian heritage, the YMCA of Metro Atlanta is an association of volunteers, members and staff, open to and serving all, with programs and services which build spirit, mind, and body. Financial assistance is available based on need. The YMCA actively seeks to identify and involve those in need.
We believe that to bring about meaningful change in individuals and communities, we must be focused and accountable. At the Y, we measure the success of our cause by how well we engage communities in our three areas of focus.
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
HEALTHY LIVING Improving the nation's health and well-being.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.