YMCA of Metro Atlanta
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aquatics Instructor I- Alpharetta
at YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and well-being.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
- Minimum age of 16
- Certifications: Basic life support or professional rescuer CPR/AED, first aid, and emergency oxygen administration
- Current certification in YMCA Swim Lessons Instructor V6 within 30 days.
- One or more years of experience participating in, or working with aquatics and swim lessons.
- Ability to communicate effectively, motivate students and lead group swim lessons.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with participants, parents, volunteers, and staff.
- Ability to respond in a timely manner to safety and emergency situations.
- Exemplify YMCA ideals and leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Pass a criminal background and drug screening check.
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, swim instructor will provide instruction and leadership for swim lessons in accordance with the YMCA of USA National Aquatic Program guidelines. This position must perform program responsibilities in accordance with the policies, goals, mission, values and objectives established by the YMCA of Metro Atlanta. This position may also be called upon to support the branch’s day camp swim program.
The Ed Isakson/Alpharetta Family YMCA is located in Alpharetta, Georgia. Home to over 600 technology companies, the city is often referred to as the Technology City of the South.” Alpharetta is a growing, vibrant and diverse Southern city with nationally-ranked schools, low unemployment and a high quality of life. The branch also serves 4 surrounding municipalities in North Fulton County: Johns Creek, Roswell, Milton, and Mountain Park. Starting as a non-facility, community-based program branch in 1984, the Y grew with the needs of the community, opening a full facility in 1998, followed by two subsequent expansions.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to champion
communities where everyone belongs.
Location:Ed Isakson / Alpharetta YMCA