YMCA of Metro Atlanta
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Group X Inst. II - Summit Family YMCA
at YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and well-being.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
- High school or GED degree required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- One or more years of experience in teaching group exercise classes.
- Must obtain/maintain full access to Y-Exchange (yexchange.org), to the Metro Atlanta YMCA YISE account (yise.ymcaatlanta.com), and to the Metro Atlanta YMCA Workday account: (https://www.myworkday.com/wday/authgwy/ymcaatlanta/login.htmld).
- Must obtain YMCA/ACE online certification and supplemental courses required by Y-USA and Y-Metro Atlanta within 60 days of hire date.
- Must maintain certifications by uploading continuing education credits via
Y-Exchange (yexchange.org) prior to date of expiration.
- Must possess current CPR/AED certification and renew it biannually prior to date of expiration. Updated licenses shall be uploaded via Y-Exchange (yexchange.org).
- Must obtain and maintain specialty-area certifications (for example: group cycling, Pilates, yoga, kickboxing, etc.), sanctioned by Y-USA/ACE or YMCA of Metro Atlanta; these must be obtained by the Group Exercise Instructor prior to teaching the designated format.
- Must pass group exercise audition based upon the format(s) of group exercise instruction for which the instructor is being hired.
- Must be knowledgeable about fitness-related issues including but not limited to aerobic vs. anaerobic exercise, nutrition, benefits of exercise, injury-prevention, and THE COACH APPROACH®.
- Must obtain THE COACH APPROACH® Orientation within 30 days of hire date.
- Must possess a high degree of human relations skills, must be able to facilitate class interaction and socialization, and should be considered a team player by members, co-workers, and management staff.
- Exemplify YMCA ideals and leadership qualities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, to work independently, and to problem-solve. Possess effective time-management skills.
- Possess strong customer service skills and personal commitment to service and hospitality.
- Pass a criminal background and drug-screening check.
- Carry out daily program tasks related directly to the position's scope and responsibilities.
- Stay updated on current issues regarding group fitness/wellness programs.
- Promote, monitor, evaluate, and ensure that group exercise classes run smoothly with a high level of service to participants.
- Maintain branch and association certifications in CPR/AED and any other required certifications and/or training required by the Metro Atlanta YMCA.
- Maintain all wellness certifications by meeting continuing education requirements. YMCA Health & Well-Being certifications require 10 CECs every two (2) years from YMCA/ACE continuing education courses or other courses provided by/approved by national group exercise certifying organizations, which are recognized by Y of the USA, e.g., ACE, ACSM, AFAA, or NETA per yexchange.org.
- Attend all required staff meetings and trainings.
- Secure his/her own music and select music that is suitable for a family setting.
- Assist as needed in all aspects of the YMCA and its community.
- Participate in and partner with wellness cabinet activities.
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting incident/accident paperwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
This position has a primary impact on the overall effectiveness of the wellness department and the success of services to the community. The effectiveness of this position is primarily measured by the stated satisfaction of members and by ensuring a safe, clean, controlled, and fun environment in accordance with the Metro Atlanta YMCA Philosophy.
Sitting, bending, stooping, standing, 15% repetitive keyboard work, seeing, verbal communications, lifting up to 25 pounds, and exposure to noise levels at an average of 90 decibels (music) over an eight-hour day.
Under the direct supervision of the Wellness Director or Group Exercise Coordinator, the Group Exercise Instructor-Level II shall be part of a staff team who is responsible for conducting YMCA fitness classes. The Group Exercise Instructor is responsible for appropriate music selection, for class set-up and take-down, and for class members’ education about THE COACH APPROACH® and fitness-related issues. The Group Exercise Instructor must perform program responsibilities in accordance with the policies, organizational competencies, mission, and values established by the YMCA of Metro Atlanta. The Group Exercise Instructor will have a key leadership role in YMCA of the USA initiatives to “strengthen the foundations of community” through healthy living.
The Summit Family YMCA is located in Newnan.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to champion
communities where everyone belongs.
Location:Summit Family YMCA