YMCA of Metro Atlanta
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IAY Support Service I Membership
at YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and well-being.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
Nature and Scope:
Under the direct supervision of the Group Exercise Coordinator, the Group Exercise Assistant Instructor will perform specific duties listed below to the level agreed upon with his/her supervisor. The Group Exercise Assistant Instructor will be instrumental in helping members in fitness classes with general questions and information retrieval. This position must perform program responsibilities in accordance with the policies, goals, mission and values established by the YMCA of Metro Atlanta.
The Ed Isakson Alpharetta Family YMCA is located in Alpharetta. This facility has various fitness classes for kids and adults.
- Pass the State of Georgia Criminal Background check.
- CPR/AED required.
- Knowledge of general health/wellness concepts and the ability to demonstrate use of wellness-related equipment preferred.
- Must possess a high degree of human relations skills, must be able to facilitate class interaction and socialization, and should be considered a team player by members, co-workers and management staff.
- Exemplify YMCA ideals and leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple task and to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills and personal commitment to service and hospitality.
- Pass a criminal background and drug-screening check.
- Carry out daily program tasks related directly to the position's scope and responsibility.
- Stay updated on current issues regarding group fitness/wellness programs.
- Remain alert to any member issues and promptly report any concerns to the supervisor.
- Assist members directly regarding their participation in class.
- Give a minimum of 24hours notice and inform your supervisor directly if you cannot work your shift.
- Clean up the fitness area after class.
- Enforce wellness center policies and guidelines.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a positive, safe, nurturing, non-threatening membership experience.
- Come to work on time and adhere to dress expectations.
- Be a team player and assist co-workers in other departments when needed.
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting incident/accident paperwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
This position has a primary impact on the overall effectiveness of the wellness department and the success of services to the community. The effectiveness of this position is primarily measured by the stated satisfaction of members and by ensuring a safe, clean, controlled, and fun environment in accordance with the Metro Atlanta YMCA Philosophy.
Sitting, bending, stooping, standing, demonstrating equipment use, lifting up to 45 pounds, and exposure to noise levels at an average of 90 decibels (music) over an eight-hour day.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to champion
communities where everyone belongs.
Location:Ed Isakson / Alpharetta YMCA