YMCA of Metro Atlanta
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Jr Engineer - Metro Atlanta YMCA
at YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and well-being.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
- A bachelor’s degree in information systems or technology related technical field is required.
- You love what you do and love to be part of a dynamic team
- Basic Network & Security skills (Troubleshooting and Remediation)
- Excellent knowledge of computers and peripherals.
- Knowledge of current developments and technological trends in computer hardware and software
- Demonstrated high commitment to quality, validating best practices and exploring options before making a decision
- Experience with virtualization technology (ex: HyperV, VMware etc.)
- Proficient with Active Directory
- Knowledge of Enterprise backup and replication solutions (ex: Veeam, Nimble, Barracuda etc)
- Strong conflict/resolution and analytical skills
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Detail-oriented and very good documenting skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently and problem solve
- Possess effective time management skills
- Engineer must prove the ability to work independently all while keeping others informed of your processes and progress
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to other Y sites. (Clean Driving Record/No major violations)
- Pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
Under the supervision of the Manager of IT Engineering, the IT Jr Engineer has primary responsibility for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers and networks. He/She will also install, maintain, upgrade, and work on continuously improving the YMCA’s operating environment. The IT Jr. Engineer will also maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure. This includes monitoring the operating environments and logs; responding to incidents, problems and assist in planning for growth.
•Works as part of a team building and deploying technologies into all YMCA locations
•Independently troubleshoot and resolve complex network/PC/server/application issues
•Serve as primary administrator
•Utilize sound troubleshooting methods and independent research and knowledge to
independently find solutions to problems
•Identify opportunities to improve network security efficiency/availability, and bring
recommendations to supervisor for review
•Install and configure IT computing and network equipment
•Perform regular updates on systems as needed, in coordination with larger IT team
•Maintain detailed procedures for job functions for own position and subordinates
•Assist as needed to manage network and server infrastructure, including pro-active
maintenance, updates/grades, backups, log-review and other tasks
•Work with supervisor and team to build, maintain and test a disaster-recovery/business-
continuity plan, inclusive of all systems and facilities (IT-related and otherwise)
•Produce and review reports/logs and other management output as required
•Research and self-learning through books, testing, and lab work
•Mentor/train/assist other staff (associate engineer, Jr associate engineer & technician) as
needed and as requested
•Must be available for some before and/or after-hours responsibilities as assigned by
•Must be able to be on the on-call rotation
•Clearly and effectively communicate to fellow team employees, users and vendors
•Monitor assigned tickets in tracking system (Track-It)
•Works at direction of Manager of IT Engineering on server, database, network and other
technical infrastructure and projects
•Monitor, maintain, and upgrade servers Build, manage and troubleshoot VM servers for
development and testing
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to champion
communities where everyone belongs.
Location:Metro Atlanta YMCA