YMCA of Metro Atlanta
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lifeguard -- East Lake Family YMCA
at YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and well-being.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
1. Current state approved CPRO/first aid certification including AED, and oxygen administration.
2. Must hold one of the following certifications; YMCA, American Red Cross or Ellis & Associates lifeguard training, and it must be current.
3. One or more years of experience in lifeguarding.
4. Ability to communicate effectively with youth and adults including program participants, parents, volunteers, staff and representatives of contract pool sites.
5. Ability to respond in a timely manner to safety and emergency situations.
6. Must be at least 16 years of age and pass the State of Georgia criminal background check.
7. Dress must be appropriate for YMCA Swim environment.
1. Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to beginning of work shift. Be responsible for having necessary lifeguard equipment on deck during work time, and put away when not on duty.
2. Assume primary responsibility for safety of pool area. Supervise YMCA recreational swimming and/or swim lessons in a responsible manner.
3. Maintain good public relations with parents, program participants, and pool site management.
4. If applicable, maintain water chemistry as scheduled and report any concerns to the program coordinator.
5. Attend meetings and/or professional training as required or requested by program director.
6. Treat minor accidents as necessary and take appropriate actions for all incidents/accidents.
7. Bring to the program directors attention any condition or practice which may be considered a threat to the health and safety of members and guests.
8. Use preventive lifeguarding techniques to minimize or eliminate hazardous situations.
9. Be responsible for application of any information in the YMCA Lifeguard Manual and/or YMCA Employee Handbook.
10. Required to wear branch-provided YMCA lifeguard shirt & suit.
11. Will refrain from the use of alcohol, tobacco, or any other non-prescribed drug while on duty
12. Will perform all other duties as needed based on branch requirements or needs.
Ability to lift/move, set up and store equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Also, needs to be able to demonstrate the specific skills to show technical proficiency in lifeguarding rescue techniques. Must be able to swim 500 yards/meters non-stop and tread water for two minutes without using hands. Must be able to hear without aid, and see victims.
To provide a safe, clean, well-maintained and managed pool area in accordance with the Metro Atlanta YMCA Aquatics Program Philosophy.
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the lifeguard maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. They create a safe and positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals and promotes safety in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to champion
communities where everyone belongs.
Location:East Lake Family YMCA