YMCA of Metro Atlanta
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
McCleskey (Marietta) Basketball Gym Monitor
at YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and well-being.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
Under the direction of the Membership Director, the Basketball Gym Supervisor will supervise any and all activities taking place on the basketball court in the evening. The Gym Supervisor is also responsible for responding to various situations in order to ensure safety for participants and spectators. This position must perform responsibilities in accordance with the policies, goals, mission, values and objectives by the Metropolitan Atlanta YMCA.
1. Must meet minimum age requirement of 21 years old.
2. One year or more of related experience preferred.
3. High degree of human relation and conflict management skills to tactfully enforce all rules and regulations.
4. Move, set up, store and move equipment weighing up to fifty pounds.
5. Tactfully enforce all rules and regulations.
6. Respond to safety and emergency situations and maintain/report accurate incident/accident forms.
7. Current state approved CPR/AED certification preferred.
8. Current state approved First Aid is preferred.
9. Must have a valid driver’s license or pass drivers test.
10. Pass the State of Georgia criminal background check.
ORGANIZATIONAL COMPETENCIES – Team Leader
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values; ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives through wellness initiatives; seeks and supervises volunteers; cultivates relationships to support fundraising (may be responsible for team or division).
Collaboration: Champions inclusion; builds relationships to create small communities; practices active non-evaluative listening skills, communicates for understanding; and able to empathetically manage conflict when it occurs; provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with framework for making decisions; conducts pilots for new programs; develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of the staff team; effectively manages budgets; holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights and trends; facilitates change and models adaptability; utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues or inappropriate performance or behavior.
1. Supervises activities at site(s) and surrounding areas to ensure safety and welfare of users.
2. Reports and monitors all mechanical and equipment problems.
3. Sets up equipment, and returns equipment to storage. Ensures cleanliness and safety of gym and equipment.
4. Enforces all rules, regulations and policies, maintains proper documentation and reports incidents and accidents.
5. Assists other staff. Answer inquiries from participants, and provides information.
6. Attend staff meetings and approved training as required.
7. May be responsible for opening and closing facility.
May involve the movement of soccer goals. May involve the lifting of equipment storage bags, etc.
To provide a safe, clean, controlled and fun environment in accordance with the Metro Atlanta YMCA Youth Sports Philosophy.
Hours: Part-time, non-exempt
Monday – Thursday 6pm to 9pm
Occasionally on weekends
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to champion
communities where everyone belongs.
Location:McCleskey East Cobb YMCA