YMCA of Metro Atlanta
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and well-being.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
The Robert D Fowler Family YMCA is a full service facility providing health and wellness, aquatics, youth sports, child care and after school enrichment services in the immediate area. The Fowler Y strives to target the well-being of youth, teens, families and older adults through first-class services. Programs and activities place an emphasis on long-term physical, social and emotional health and wellness. In keeping with the Y’s core commitment to social responsibility the Fowler Y delivers many programming opportunities geared toward helping those in financial, social or physical need.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Must obtain any other certifications required for the position.
- A working knowledge of computers: MS Word, MS Excel, data base management.
- Exemplify YMCA ideals, leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently, problem solve and possess effective time management skills.
- Strong customer service skills and personal commitment to service and hospitality.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Pass a criminal background and drug screening check
- Pass a Motor Vehicles Record and have own transportation
- CPR within 30 days of employment and maintain throughout employment
- Carry out daily program tasks related directly to the position's scope and responsibility.
- Stay updated on current issues regarding all branch programs.
- Maintain branch and association certifications in CPR/AED, First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, and any other required certifications and/or training required by the Metro Atlanta YMCA.
- Assist as needed in all aspects of the YMCA and its community.
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting incident/accident paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
Critical competencies based on needs specific to role:
Take steps to build committed and connected relationships with members.
Maintain privacy requirements by not sharing personal information about members including, but not limited to, phone numbers, addresses, program participation, financial information or personal situations.
Assist in annual branch Why It Matters campaign. Achieve individual and team goals as related to the campaign.
Attend all staff meetings and/or trainings as required.
Promotes and sells Y memberships and programs.
Update and maintain the member onboarding spreadsheet
Support the front desk/membership team
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
This position has a primary impact on the overall effectiveness of the Membership Department and the success of services to the community. The effectiveness of this position is primarily measured by the stated satisfaction of members, ensuring a safe, clean, controlled and fun environment in accordance with the Metro Atlanta YMCA Philosophy.
Ergonomics: Sitting, bending, stooping, standing, 15% repetitive keyboard work, seeing, verbal communications, lift up to 25 pounds
Under the direction of the Senior Membership/ Marketing Director, the Membership Associate will be primarily responsible for promoting membership retention and acquisition while providing first rate customer service. The Membership Associate will also assist with facility based promotion of programs and services and will help members see the value in sharing their Y experience, involvement and vision with others in their community. The Membership Associate will be instrumental in helping the Metro Atlanta Y’s become the leader in providing health benefits to both youth and adults by engaging them in physical activity.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to champion
communities where everyone belongs.
Location:Robert D. Fowler Family YMCA