YMCA of Metro Atlanta
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and well-being.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
Associate Play Center Attendant
Job Title/Job Code: Associate Play Center Attendant/ MBR600
Branch: Decatur Family YMCA
Supervisor: Play Center Supervisor
Nature and Scope:
Under the direction of the Play Center Supervisor, the Play Center Attendant will be primarily responsible for supporting the branch nursery program(s) and for the successful achievement of providing quality and nurturing care to all children who come to the Play Center. Also, this position will play a key role in delivering a steady increase in the growth of members who enroll with the YMCA.
The Decatur Family YMCA is located at 1100 Clairemont Avenue, Decatur, GA, 30030.
- Must be at least 19 years of age with a high school diploma or GED, and at least two years of experience working with a large number of children of various ages -typically in a school, mother’s morning out, or daycare setting.
- A working knowledge of computers: MS Word, MS Excel.
- Exemplify YMCA ideals, leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently, problem solve and possess effective time management skills.
- Strong customer service skills and personal commitment to service and hospitality.
- Pass a criminal background and drug screening check
- Pass a Motor Vehicles Record and have own transportation
- CPR within 30 days of employment and maintain throughout employment
- Carry out daily program tasks related directly to the position's scope and responsibility.
- Stay updated on current issues regarding Membership and Play Center programs.
- Promote, monitor, evaluate and ensure that all Play Center programs run smoothly with a high level of service to participants.
- Maintain branch and association certifications in CPR, First Aid, Blood borne Pathogens, and Metro Atlanta YMCA New Staff Orientation and any other required certifications and/or training required by the Metro Atlanta YMCA.
- Assist as needed in all aspects of the YMCA and its community.
- Participation in WHY It Matters activities.
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting incident/accident paperwork. Other duties assigned.
Be able to work scheduled shift, as well as substitute if other staff are absent.
Be able to show up on time, be appropriately dressed, and have a good attitude.
Schedule may vary based on the ratio of the Play Center.
- Assist with care giving of children starting 3months to 9 years old.
- Assist with planning, implementing, and maintaining a quality program with age-appropriate activities.
- Maintain a safe, enriching environment for participants at all times.
- Maintain equipment and supplies.
- Clean Play Center, toys, and equipment on a daily basis.
- All other appropriate duties as assigned.
The Play Center Attendant must:
- Demonstrate a sincere desire to work with children in order to develop positive characteristics.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead children.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact with children in an informal setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to openly communicate and cooperate with staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with parents and members.
- Be creative and flexible.
- Be able to motivate children and use positive discipline.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
This position has a primary impact on the overall effectiveness of the Play Center and the success of services to the community. The effectiveness of this position is primarily measured by the stated satisfaction of members and ensuring a safe, clean, controlled and fun environment in accordance with the Metro Atlanta YMCA Philosophy.
Ergonomics: Sitting, bending, stooping, standing, 15% repetitive keyboard work, seeing, verbal communications, lift up to 25 pounds.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to champion
communities where everyone belongs.
Location:Decatur Dekalb Family YMCA