YMCA of Metro Atlanta
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Swim Team Coach
at YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and well-being.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
Under the direction of the Aquatic Director, the Swim Team Head Coach administers the policies, procedures of the swim team. This position is responsible for the efficient organization of practices and swim meets. Key ingredients will be that the YMCA swim program will be administered in a values-centered, Mission Driven, high quality environment which is centered on member service.
All coaches, paid or volunteer, need to maintain current certifications in Basic Life Support and AED, First Aid, Life Guard certification or American Red Cross Safety Training for Coaches and Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming (an e-learning course through LCDC) or YASA.
1. CPR for the professional rescuer certification, obtained within first two weeks of employment.
2. YMCA Aquatic experience preferred.
3. Must have four years experience of competitive swimming preferred.
4. Must have two years experience in coaching competitive swimming preferred.
5. Must have two years experience working with children of all ages preferred.
6. Knowledge of Hy-tek swim software and Team Unify preferred (Meet Manager, Team manager).
7. Knowledge of current rules and regulations of swim team.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports Partner With Youth Fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes the initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Coaches during practices, meets and other swim team needs and events.
2. Organize the swim team according to age and ability levels.
3. Supervise and communicate with any other coaches and assistant coaches, providing direct feedback and instructions.
4. Generate workouts including emphasis on all four strokes, starts and turns.
5. Help organize, prepare and attend all swim meets.
6. Organize swim team functions, including social events.
7. Act as a liaison between the YMCA and the parents. Organize, facilitate, or attend parent meetings, volunteer trainings, and swim team orientations.
8. Ability to communicate effectively, motivate swimmers and lead group.
9. Attend all pertinent meetings and trainings.
10. Acting as a reference and role model for swim team members.
11. Cultivating and maintaining a positive relationship with parents, swimmers, and the community.
12. Recruit new swimmers and market swim team program.
Ability to lift/move, set up and store equipment and children weighing up to 50 pounds. Also, the coach needs to be able to demonstrate the specific skills required to show technical proficiency. Must have physical ability to be certified as a lifeguard and swim instructor and to keep certifications current. Must have physical ability to be certified as a lifeguard and swim instructor and to keep certifications current. Ability to move on pool deck, see the bottom of the pool and listen for signs of distress. Must be physically able to activate 911 in an emergency and to administer CPR. Must be able to hear distress call in pool atmosphere. Must be able to swim 300 yards/meters and tread water for two minutes.
To provide a safe, clean, controlled and fun environment in accordance with the Metro Atlanta YMCA Aquatics Program Philosophy
Salary: $10.50 - $15.18 per hour
Hours: Part-time, non-exempt
Cecil Pruett Community Center YMCA
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to champion
communities where everyone belongs.
Location:Cecil Pruett Community Center YMCA