YMCA of Metro Atlanta
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teen Member Engagement Staff - Northeast Cobb YMCA
at YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and well-being.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
- High School degree and equivalent work experience related to customer service.
- A working knowledge of computers: MS Word, MS Excel, data base management.
- Exemplify YMCA ideals, leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently, problem solve and possess effective time management skills.
- Strong customer service skills and personal commitment to service and hospitality.
- Ability to work with kids ages 13-18
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Pass a criminal background and drug screening check
- Pass a Motor Vehicles Record and have own transportation
- CPR within 30 days of employment and maintain throughout employment
- Carry out daily program tasks related directly to the position's scope and responsibility.
- Effectively build relationships with members and guests
- Create a welcoming environment for members and guests.
- Connect members to programs happening at the YMCA
- Build relationships with teen members.
- Stay updated on current issues regarding all programs.
- Promote, monitor, evaluate and ensure that all programs run smoothly with a high level of service to participants.
- Maintain branch and association certifications in CPR, and any other required certifications and/or training required by the Metro Atlanta YMCA.
- Assist as needed in all aspects of the YMCA and its community.
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting incident/accident paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
Critical competencies based on needs specific to role:
Under the direction of the Teen and Camp Director, the Teen Member Engagement Associate will be mainly building relationships with teen members, and working to identify how we can get more teens involved at the Y. The person will deliver excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. As well as respond to member and guest needs, promote memberships and programs, and maintain cleanliness and organization of the assigned area. This person has a high level of energy and possesses a dynamic and engaging personality.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
This position has a primary impact on the overall effectiveness of the Northeast YMCA Teen engagement and the success of services to this community. The effectiveness of this position is primarily measured by the stated satisfaction of members and ensuring a safe, clean, controlled and fun environment in accordance with the Metro Atlanta YMCA Philosophy as well as the growth in teen memberships.
Ergonomics : Sitting, bending, stooping, standing, 15% repetitive keyboard work, seeing, verbal communications, lift up to 25 pounds.
Under the direction of the Senior Membership Director, the Associate - Member Engagement will be primarily responsible for supporting the branch membership program(s) and for the successful engagement of members, specifically teens. Also, this position will play a key role in delivering customer service to members. The Northeast YMCA is a full-service facility providing health and wellness, aquatics, youth sports, child care in the Marietta area.
The Northeast Y strives to target the well-being of youth, teens, families and older adults through first-class services. Programs and activities place an emphasis on long-term physical, social and emotional health and wellness. Most importantly, in keeping with the YMCA’s core commitment to social responsibility, each year the Northeast Y delivers dozens of programming opportunities geared toward helping those in financial, social or physical need.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to champion
communities where everyone belongs.
Location:Northeast Cobb YMCA