YMCA of Metro Atlanta
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
WCY Teen Counselor
at YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and well-being.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
- Provide a superior customer service experience to teens and parents in teen programs.
- Assists in the development, coordination, and implementation of teen programming.
- Maintains privacy requirements by not sharing personal information about members including, but not limited to, phone numbers, addresses, program participation, financial information, or personal situations.
- Adhere to, and implement, all policies and procedures listed in the training manual.
- Communicate in a positive manner with members, guests, program participants and volunteers. Provide appropriate assistance as needed.
- Assist in annual branch Partner Why it Matters Campaign. Achieve individual and team goals as related to the campaign.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings, as required.
- Consistent display of the core values of honesty, respect, caring, and responsibility when dealing with members, volunteers, and staff.
- Stay educated and updated on current issues regarding all YMCA programs and events.
- Maintain safe environment at all times.
- Maintain branch and association certifications in CPR/AED, Blood-borne Pathogens, branch orientation, and Branch Emergency procedures.
- Assist in the maintaining of accurate records for child check-in and check-out.
- Abide by and enforce Metro Atlanta YMCA’s Keeping Kids Safe Policies as listed in Metro Atlanta YMCA Employee Handbook.
- Communicate clearly with parents regarding child injuries, behavior problems or health concerns (green congested runny nose, fever…etc.).
- Complete accident/incident reports related to injuries or behavior problems and health concerns.
- Report all equipment and maintenance needs to supervisor or director immediately.
- Work Middle School Night each month, supervising and interacting with children in age groups, and leading them through their scheduled activities.
Additional duties based on branch needs:
- Act as a positive role model while providing consistency in leadership and guidance.
- Stimulate creative growth and development.
- Show consistent support towards other staff members and respect of personal property.
- Build and maintain enthusiasm in members and coworkers.
- Report all issues to the Supervisor or Site Manager
- Maintain all equipment used for program in good working order.
- Report to the Director any difficult or unusual situations.
- Share problems with the Director so they can be solved.
Nature and Scope:
Under the direction of the Teen Director, the Associate will be primarily responsible for supporting the Northwest Family YMCA’s Middle School Night/Teen Leaders/Teen programs, ensuring the overall safety of children and quality of their care and activities.
The Northwest Family YMCA is located in Kennesaw, GA. This is a full operating facility for Cobb County, built in 1999, and serves the Kennesaw/Acworth/Marietta/Dallas area.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to champion
communities where everyone belongs.
Location:Northwest Cobb YMCA