YMCA of Metro Atlanta
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wellness Coach II
at YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and well-being.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in exercise science, physical education, exercise psychology, behavioral science, or a health-related field.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- At least six (6) months of experience in health- or wellness-related field.
- Must obtain/maintain full access to Y-Exchange (yexchange.org), to the Metro Atlanta YMCA YISE account (yise.ymcaatlanta.com), and to the Metro Atlanta YMCA Workday account: (https://www.myworkday.com/wday/authgwy/ymcaatlanta/login.htmld).
- Must obtain YMCA/ACE online certification and supplemental courses required by Y-USA and Y-Metro Atlanta within 60 days of hire date.
- Must attend Wellness Coaching 101 Specialty Training within 60 days of hire date.
- Must maintain certifications by uploading continuing education credits via Y-Exchange (yexchange.org) prior to date of expiration.
- Must possess current Basic Life Support/AED and Emergency O-2 Administration certifications and renew them annually prior to date of expiration. Updated licenses shall be uploaded via Y-Exchange (yexchange.org).
- Knowledge of general weight-lifting and health/wellness concepts and the ability to demonstrate use of wellness-related equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable about fitness-related issues including but not limited to aerobic vs. anaerobic exercise, nutrition, benefits of exercise, injury-prevention, and THE COACH APPROACH®.
- Must possess visual and cognitive abilities to utilize computer-based and written materials to administer all job-related responsibilities.
- Must possess a high degree of human relations skills, must be able to facilitate member interaction and socialization, and should be considered a team player by members, co-workers and management staff.
- Must attend THE COACH APPROACH® Initial Training within six months of hire date.
- Working knowledge of computers: MS Word, MS Excel, database management.
- Exemplify YMCA ideals and leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, to work independently, and to problem-solve.
- Possess effective time-management skills.
- Possess strong customer service skills and personal commitment to service and hospitality.
- Pass a criminal background and drug-screening check.
- Carry out daily program tasks related directly to the position's scope and responsibility.
- Stay updated on current issues regarding wellness programs.
- Promote, monitor, evaluate, and ensure that all wellness programs run smoothly with a high level of service to participants.
- Attend THE COACH APPROACH® Advanced Training upon completion of THE COACH APPROACH® Initial Training.
- Participate in one group exercise class within six months of hire date.
- Maintain branch and association certifications in BLS, Emergency O-2 Administration, and in any other certifications and/or training required by the Metro Atlanta YMCA.
- Maintain all wellness certifications by meeting continuing education requirements. YMCA Health & Well-Being certifications require 10 CECs every two (2) years from YMCA/ACE continuing education courses or other courses provided by/approved by national organizations, which are recognized by Y of the USA, e.g., ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NASM, NSCA, etc. per yexchange.org.
- Secure his/her own substitute coach in a timely manner if he/she is unable to work an assigned shift. The substitute request must be accepted and approved before the coach is relieved of responsibility for the shift.
- Attend all required staff meetings and trainings, including facility or equipment orientations prior to working on the wellness floor.
- Assist as needed in all aspects of the YMCA and its community.
- Participate in and partner with wellness cabinet activities.
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting incident/accident paperwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Under the direction of the Wellness Director, the Wellness Coach-Level II will build personalized relationships that will support members who report that they have been exercising three or more days per week for 20 minutes or more for six months or longer. The Wellness Coach-Level II will also support new or returning YMCA members who describe their present exercise level as none at all, infrequent, or only frequent for less than six months with the research-to-practice, stage-matched, exercise-support protocol called THE COACH APPROACH®. The Wellness Coach-Level II must perform program responsibilities in accordance with the policies, organizational competencies, mission, and values established by the YMCA of Metro Atlanta.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to champion
communities where everyone belongs.
Location:Northwest Cobb YMCA