YMCA of Metro Atlanta
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wellness Coach - The Villages at Carver Family YMCA
at YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and well-being.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
Wellness coaches assist YMCA members in finding new ways to inspire healthier habits through health &
wellness. The position will work closely with members in promoting wellness and helping individuals realize
their personal best. Wellness coaches are responsible for developing relationships with members and assisting
them through the process of actively working towards better health by providing support, encouragement, and
1. Provide excellent member service by exceeding member expectations; greet and acknowledge all
members to encourage wellness participation.
2. Monitor the wellness center as fitness members use the equipment to ensure their general safety and
equipment function; enforces all member codes of conduct, rules and policies including, but not
limited to, age restrictions, dress codes, language and proper use of YMCA equipment and facilities.
3. Demonstrates correct stances, posture, alignment and technique during wellness consultation and
healthy lifestyles sessions; Shows safe, effective ranges of motion and exercise control. Demonstrates
strength & endurance maintaining role-model form throughout.
4. Completes daily cleaning tasks as assigned, and records their completion.
5. Take professional initiative to offer information, promote and sell personal training and additional
YMCA health & wellness services & programs.
6. Integrate the mission of the YMCA and follow the core values of honesty, caring, respect and
responsibility into the healthy living aspect of job responsibilities.
7. Understand the prevention, detection, and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries, basic emergency
procedures, and the legal and professional responsibilities of wellness coaches.
8. Assists YMCA Group Fitness Management with administrative tasks that include keeping accurate
records of scheduled, rescheduled and cancelled appointments.
9. Assists YMCA Group Fitness Management in finding replacements or substitute instructors when not
able to work a scheduled shift.
10. Accurately uses scheduling software to enter in staff member availability, member appointments and
any and all other data necessary.
11. Any and all other duties assigned by management.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to champion
communities where everyone belongs.
Location:The Villages at Carver Family YMCA