YMCA of Metro Atlanta
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
YMCA Youth & Teen Center - Cheerleading Camp Counselor
at YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - Nurturing the potential of every child and teen.
- HEALTHY LIVING - Improving the nation's health and well-being.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Giving back and providing support to our neighbors.
1. Be able to provide sound, caring and positive leadership for children.
2. Able to maintain a safe and fun environment for children
3. Provide, to everyone, extraordinary customer service to parent(s).
4. Be able to recognize and implement safety standards in all program activities.
5. Be able to participate effectively with other staff in implementing creative and fun camp activities for pre-camp.
6. Have a good understanding of the mission and values of the YMCA and be able to demonstrate and teach based on those values.
7. Pass a criminal background check and drug test.
8. Communicate positively with parents and staff as required.
9. Must have current CPR and First Aid certifications.
10. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Organizational Competencies – Leader
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports Partner With Youth Fundraising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Ability to work actively outdoors and/or indoors while supervising children and staff. Ability to climb, walk, run, stoop, squat or kneel. Ability to lift and carry equipment to appropriate destinations or affect the carrying of such equipment. Ability to use senses which enable safe supervision including seeing and/or hearing.
1. Plan and implement programs which will assist in the development of the camper physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually and which promote YMCA values: caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
2. Must have a background in Cheerleading and Dance.
3. Assist in the social adjustment of a camper through positive group experiences.
4. Act as a positive role model while providing consistency in leadership and guidance.
5. Stimulate creative growth and development.
6. Responsible for safety of campers at all times including enforcement of camp rules and regulations.
7. Arrive at camp on time to start shift and complete shift before leaving.
8. Keep proper records as required.
9. Show consistent support towards other staff members and respect of personal property.
10. Build and maintain enthusiasm in all groups.
11. Checks group attendance in the morning and throughout the day and report absences to Camp Director.
12. Assist in the development of lesson plans for scheduled program times, which include provisions for safe program operation, program opportunities and camper age and ability difference.
13. Execute lesson plans as an integral part of daily program, making changes as needed.
14. Report all program changes and equipment needs to the Camp Director.
15. Maintain all equipment used for program in good working order.
16. Attend and participate in all staff trainings and meetings.
17. Report to the Camp Director any difficult or unusual situations.
18. Share problems with the Camp Director so they can be solved.
19. Facilitate proper group behavior at all times.
20. Other duties as assigned.
21. Adhere to Metro Atlanta YMCA policies and procedures.
Safe, quality day camp programs that meet the YMCA goals and objectives of providing campers with a positive growth experience. Meets the mission of the YMCA. Helps to provide a fun, creative experience which reflects an enjoyment and appreciation of the out of doors.
Hours: Part-time, Seasonal (non-exempt)
Under the direction of the Program Director, the Cheerleader Coach/Counselor is responsible for leading his/her assigned group in various planned activities to support the overall goals of the program. In addition, the candidate will develop dance and cheerleading activities for the after school program with the goal of developing group performances and team cheerleading for the after school youth sports league. The candidate will also play a key role in planning and implementing activities for elementary age children that build upon the skills needed to be successful in school. All decisions must be guided by Bright From the Start, Georgia Standards of Care and YMCA standards.
It's fun to work in an organization where people truly BELIEVE in what they are
We're committed to bringing passion and people together to champion
communities where everyone belongs.
Location:East Lake YMCA Teen Center