Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Manager, Corporate Accounting
at Zep Inc.
Are you looking to join a company who believes in fostering an environment for associates to grow and achieve their career goals? Zep Inc. Associates create the framework of the company's success through championing our brands, developing new products and working towards the company's growth aspirations. Our commitment to maintaining a safe working environment, to excellent career advancement opportunities and to competitive benefits packages makes Zep Inc. an exciting organization for those professional seeking not just a job, but a life-long career.
Under the leadership of the Assistant Controller, this position is an integral part of the Corporate Accounting team, supporting the strategic and operating plans of Zep and its subsidiaries. The position will be responsible for various accounting functions, including, but not limited to, month-end close, monthly reporting, cost accounting, intercompany, and cost of goods sold. This position will monitor inventory and serve as the primary liaison from corporate accounting with the Shared Services teams to ensure accounts payable is properly stated.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the management of the complete month-end close process, covering multiple business units, legal entities, and systems.
- Manage plant accounting, analyze costs and other key production metrics and review specific balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring proper follow up and resolution of reconciling items.
- Act as the plant liaison with financial shared services (A/P, A/R, Treasury) to ensure transactions are processed timely and accurately.
- Accountable for gathering, analyzing and interpreting of accounting and financial data for the preparation and presentation of meaningful reports and to provide recommendations to senior management.
- Attend monthly financial reviews with leadership and finance to review results of operations, understand business issues, and work to improve performance.
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation, developing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and ensuring these SOPs are used uniformly and effectively.
- Perform contract reviews and evaluate transactions for adherence to GAAP and Zep policies.
- Foster relationships with both internal customers (FP&A, Shared Services, Treasury, etc.) and external customers (customers, vendors, consultants) to promote open lines of communication and cross-functional partnerships.
- Manage and assist with the completion of external audit workpapers and support for assigned areas, as well as the related communication with external auditors.
- Assist with external reporting and other accounting and reporting special projects and needs.
- Develop a team of 1 – 3 direct reports, including hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, etc.
- The ideal candidate will have SAP experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Outstanding analytical skills with a high degree of engagement and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven problem-solving capability; must be able and willing to roll up their sleeves, troubleshoot problems and identify solutions
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, financial systems/processes, and internal controls.
- Drive an initiative to pursue high standards, focus on meaningful results, and demonstrate consistent and persistent contribution to the organization.
- Ability to drive self and direct reports on a daily basis to reach goals and meet deadlines.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required.
- CPA preferred.
- Manufacturing experience, preferable with inventory costing experience.
- 5-8 years of experience in corporate accounting, cost or plant accounting.
- Blackline and/or Host Analytics experience helpful.
- Prior management or supervisory experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Advanced Excel preferred.
- Ability to display a high level of integrity in dealing with confidential information.
Zep Inc. is an organization that is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages all interested candidates, including women, minorities, & former military personnel to apply. It is the policy of Zep Inc. that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation.
At Zep Inc., we believe in fostering an environment that enables our associates to grow and achieve their ideal career goals.
Zep associates are the company’s most important asset, and they form the foundation of our unique competitive advantage. Our success depends entirely on the strength of our talent pipeline, which we are constantly looking to expand through new hires and the integration of newly acquired operations and assets. Whether championing our brands, developing new products or working towards the company's long-term growth aspirations, quality associates create the framework for our success.
Our shared vision attracts and unifies an extraordinary group of people across the company, while our recruitment and development philosophy to “build from within” fosters a sense of work ethic and trust across our workforce. The combination of our commitment to maintaining a safe working environment, excellent career advancement opportunities and competitive benefits packages makes Zep an exciting organization for those professionals seeking not just a job, but a life-long career.